Thursday, May 1, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1979-08-04 Stevenage, UK, Knebworth Festival (FLAC_SB & AUD Master Matrix_3 CD)

This is another superb job done by Winston Remasters back in 2005 of a Led Zeppelin show.  This show was Zeppelin's first night at the Knebworth Festival in 1979.  It was on a Saturday, and the following Saturday, 1979-08-11, they played and closed out the festival too.  Sadly, these concerts were a year before Led Zeppelin would lose their drummer, John Bonham, when he died in August of 1980.  Little did the band or anyone else know that the end of Led Zeppelin was drawing near.

LINEAGE:
(1) AUD source cassette master > CD-R recorded on a Hitachi GhettoBlaster
(2) SB source silver CD's > CD-R "Welcome To The 1979 Knebworth Festival"
(3) Sources digitally synchronized & mixed with Samplitude > sources digitally enhanced with Soundforge & Waves Plugins
(4) RambleOnZep > me > TLH (to decode as WAV, name tracks, and test for lossiness) > Audacity (to embed metadata/track tiles and information into files and re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to create md5 & ffp files and verify them and check for SBE's) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: August 4th, 1979
Location: Stevenage, United Kingsom
Venue: Knebworth Park

Event: Knebworth Festival
Source: SB/AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 3
Artwork: Yes (full artwork in download)
Label: Winston Remasters
Title: Thank You For Eleven Years
Size: 1.07 GB


SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. intro
102. The Song Remains The Same
103. Celebration Day
104. Black Dog
105. Nobody's Fault But Mine
106. Over The Hills And Far Away
107. Misty Mountain Hop
108. Since I've Been Loving you
109. No Quarter

CD 2:
201. Ten Years Gone
202. Hot Dog
203. The Rain Song
204. White Summer
205. Black Mountain Side
206. Kashmir
207. Trampled Underfoot
208. Sick Again

209. Achilles Last Stand

CD 3:
301.
Jimmy Page (guitar/violin bow solo) 
302. In The Evening
303. Stairway To Heaven
304. Rock And Roll
305. Whole Lotta Love
306. Heartbreaker

LINKS:
(1) 1979-08-04 Knebworth Festival (SB & AUD/Winston Remasters)
(2) 1979-08-04 Knebworth Festival (SB & AUD/Winston Remasters)
(3) 1979-08-04 Knebworth Festival (SB & AUD/Winston Remasters)


There are many audience sources for both of the two nights at Knebworth that Led Zeppelin played in 1979.  And believe it or not, the excellent audience source used in this matrix was recorded on a Hitachi GhettoBlaster (aka a boom box).  The soundboard source Winston Remasters worked with was the Watch Tower label "Welcome To The 1979 Knebworth Festival" recording.

And just as their are many audience (and soundboard) versions of these shows, there are a number of DVD sets of the concert too.  My favorite one for this date, 1979-08-04, is Genuine Masters "Knebworth Masters" 3 DVD set.  I may upload it here pretty soon because it is one of the best quality Led Zeppelin captures, both in audio and video, there has ever been.  The 1979-08-11 DVD sets out there are superb too and I may even upload that show at the same time.  Who knows?

Since there seldom any comments made here, I have no clue what anyone wants anyhow.  But with the number of downloads and hits on the site, I can tell there are many who enjoy what is being put up.

I'm going to close off this posting with a request.  My request is that you request something you're interested in.  I DO take requests!  And if I have the recording(s) or can find them, I'm happy to upload them (absolutely NO rap or hip hop though).  Otherwise, I may take a break for a while and start doing something else and come back to BBBB at a later date?  I've collected more shows over the decades than I could ever upload.  So if there is something you're interested in, well, let me know :-)


I hope you enjoy the show...


Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


4 comments:

  1. I would like to say thanks for all the hard work you put into this site, especially the Zep, it is much appreciated! And since you are taking requests here is mine: Led Zeppelin 1973-07-21 Providence. It appears on must hear/must have lists so must be good; what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lion50027; my pleasure! And yes, I can upload this show very soon. I will upload it, some '73 European tour shows that were requested, and a bunch more just as soon as I finish up a project I've been working on. I should be done with the project today (5/31). Thanks for the kind words too.

    As far as what I think of the Providence 7/21/73 show, it is good. All Led Zeppelin is good :-) But aside from that fact, it is a very good audience. I have two versions and one sounds better than the other. I'm listening to the dadgad remastered low generation version of "No Quarter" right now and I like it! On a scale of 1 - 10, it's likely a 7 - 7+ in my book. It's hard rating these shows though. It definitely sounds better than a lot of 1973 audience recordings do. And it sounds like the taper isn't a talker nor the people around him either for the most part.

    I'll upload it likely later tonight or tomorrow...

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for any delays...it's best to let me know in a recent post about bad links too due to my vision issues and me noticing it :-)

    New link for part 2 is being updated right now and thanks for letting me know...

    ReplyDelete