Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Sarah McLachlan: 1992-04-06 Boston, MA (FLAC_SB/FM BX_2 CD)

A few hours ago would have been this concert's 23rd anniversary but I was too lazy tonight to upload it in time and wanted to catch up on some TV programming I'd DVR'ed.  But since it really is a superb 23 year old recording, I'm going ahead and uploading it anyhow.  The same excuse goes for why I didn't upload the Led Zeppelin Chicago, Illinois first night out of four show from 1977-04-06 too (I accidentally have 1975 in text file) :-)

Sarah McLachlan is an artist I never even heard of before the mid 1990's since she wasn't classic rock related.  And when I first heard her singing from some friends that liked her and played her CD's, one being a roommate at the time, I thought it was really nice.  But I paid little attention to it until the later part of the 1990's (probably 1998) when I got a few live shows of her that were really great recordings in a CD-R trade.

As the years have gone by, and they have, I've not listened to a whole lot of Sarah McLachlan but I've still collected a number of shows.  I like how clean most of her shows and her voice sound.  And she sings a mood setting music too.  A lot of her songs I still do not really know or know what they're even saying.  But it is a very easy going and clean music, and in some ways, it is a little like the artist Feist's music that I really love.  She's not anything like Feist even though I compared her to Feist.  But it is a type of music that is very unique and very mood setting or right for the when you are in the right type of mood.

In a way, Sarah McLachlan's music is a romantic type of music that goes good when you aren't really listening to the meaning of it but have it playing in a romantic setting (as an example).  And no, I'm home by myself tonight with the pups crashed out on my feet under the desk :-)

LINEAGE:
WFNX FM stereo simulcast > Maxell XLIIS (Dolby OFF) > Nak cassette deck 2 >
Pioneer PDR-W839 CD burner > CD-R's > EAC > FLAC > WAV (Cool Edit*) > CD Wave > FLAC 8 >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

* See copy and paste information below relating to remastering done with Cool Edit software.

DETAILS:
Artist: Sarah McLachlan
Date: April 6th, 1992
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Venue: Charles Playhouse

Title: None

Label: None
Source: SB/FM BX (1st Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (front only)
Size: 571 MB
Length: 82:59:06

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. intro
102. Drawn To The Rhythm
103. Back Door Man
104. Home
105. Lost
106. Shelter
107. Black
108.
Out Of The Black
109. Ben's Song

CD 2:
201. I Will Not Forget You
202. The Path Of Thomas (Terms)
203. Into The Fire
204. Steaming
205. Vox
206. Gloomy Sunday

LINKS:
(1) 1992-04-06 Boston, MA (SB/FM BX)


This show was recorded by "babybreese" as it aired live over WFNX FM in Boston and was later remastered by "RossMan" as he did retracking, some audio remastering, and some light tweaking on the audio too.

Here are some notes from the original information provided (copy & paste):
"OUTSTANDING FM recording. While this show was a great transfer to begin with, I felt it could use just a slight tweaking, due a few spots where the sound was getting clipped and some of the track points were after the song had begun.  So I rebuilt the entire show in CoolEdit and isolated 3 different spots where the recording was getting clipped and reduced them down to the average of the the entire recording. I now felt that the show had room to breath and then normalized both channels of the entire show to 98%. I then opened it up in CDWave to retrack all the cue points. There are 2 fades in the recording: One between tracks 9 & 10, where it was split for 2 discs and again between tracks 13 & 14. I feel that this is an improvement but I would only call it a "slight" remaster."

This is a very nice sounding show, it has good stereo separation, and it would surely be one any Sarah McLachlan fan would enjoy very much.  The recording is only about 2 - 3 minutes over the length of a CD-R's capacity and could be over-burned I'm sure if you're software and discs allow that and made to fit on one CD-R.

I've had this recording for years and years now.  And tonight, as I make this posting, is the first time I've ever listened to it.  Sarah really does have an awesome voice and vocal range too and it reminds me of why I started (and still do at times) collecting some of her shows.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment