Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1977-04-06 & 1977-04-07 Chicago, IL (FLAC_AUD_4 CD)

Even though these shows were yesterday and the day before 38 years ago, I am finally getting them uploaded this morning.  I will be uploading all four nights in Chicago from this 1977 tour as well.  But this 4 CD set is the first two nights.

This Gusto Production label is an unknown label and may just actually be what the person creating the artwork put on it.  But it is something to identify the 4 CD set by too, so we'll go ahead and use it.  There are other Gusto Production shows too but the consensus in Led Zeppelin groups seems to be that the audio is just taken from other labels or shares of shows and the artwork is then created and Gusto Productions is added to it.  There is no audio altering mentioned and really no lineage given either to identify the real sources of the audio in either of these two recordings.

LINEAGE:
DVD-R data disc > Zeptrade's 77 Vine > PC > Torrent >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: April 6th, 1977 & April 7th, 1977
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Venue: Chicago Stadium

Title: The Home Of The Electric Blues

Label: Gusto Productions
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 4
Artwork: Yes
Size: 1.64 GB
Length: 271:41:53

SETLIST:
1st Night 1977-04-06:
CD 1:
101.
The Song Remains The Same
102. Sick Again
103. Nobody's Fault But Mine
104. In My Time Of Dying
105. Since I've Been Loving You
106. No Quarter

CD 2:
201. Ten Years Gone
202. The Battle Of Evermore

203. Going To California
204. Black Country Woman
205. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

206. While Summer ~ Black Mountain Side
207. Kashmir

208. Moby Dick

CD 3:
301. Jimmy Page (violin bow guitar solo)
302. Achilles Last Stand
303. Stairway To Heaven
304. Rock And Roll
305. Trampled Underfoot

2nd Night 1977-04-07:
306. The Song Remains The Same
307. Sick Again
308. Nobody's Fault But Mine
309. Since I've Been Loving You

CD 4:
401. No Quarter
402. Ten Years Gone
403. The Battle Of Evermore
404. Going To California
405. White Summer ~ Black Mountain Side
406. Kashmir
407. Achilles Last Stand
408. Stairway To Heaven
409. Rock And Roll


LINK:
(1) 1977-04-06 & 1977-04-07 Chicago, IL (AUD)
(2) 1977-04-06 & 1977-04-07 Chicago, IL (AUD)


I've not listened to the Chicago 1977 shows in a long time myself.  I've got multiple copies for each show and did not do any comparisons this time either.  I'm just trying to get caught up on the anniversary shows I am uploading (I've skipped the Paris 1973-04-01 and 1973-04-02 shows earlier this month due to lack of time) and I will try to continue on from this point.

I'm not even going to try and do much reviewing of these shows since that would just take more time.  I did notice the first night, 1977-04-06, in Chicago the audio sounds very good with the exception of the lower frequencies being distorted in the show.  But the audio is really very good and is right around the excellent rating range other than the distortion unfortunately.  It's my guess the distortion comes from equipment limitations since the waveform doesn't appear to be clipped or the audio levels over amplified.  I can't say this is the case for sure, but it appears it could be.  In the quieter moments and songs the audio is very clean and sharp too.

There are also some tape issues in the show in various parts that I've heard as I barely sampled it.  Robert Plant's vocals are very up front and clean as well as Jimmy Page's guitar.  This would have been such an awesome audio capture, and I'm still talking about the first night too, had the distortion not been in the audio.  It does sound like the taper was likely  much closer to the stage in the first night's audio recording than in the second night's audio recording too.

The second night's recording is complete.  I'm not sure if it was not all recorded (most likely scenario) or if in the attempt to put the two nights on four discs something was left out.  I'm not going to research this now and take more time either to figure it out.

The second night's recording, or the 1977-04-07 recording, does not seem distorted from what I am sampling right now.  It is not as sharp in the high frequencies but it is not distorting either.  But Plant and the rest of the band can easily be heard and the biggest difference between this recording and the previous night's recording, other than the lack of distortion and length of the show, is the fidelity isn't as nice.  But it may be the better sounding show too?  The taper on the 1977-04-07 show also seems to have not captured complete songs out of what I am sampling tonight.  He or she comes in late on some songs and cuts off the endings of others.  That would also be an accounting for why the second night's show is not as long as the firs night's and only makes up 1 1/2 CD's too I'd guess.

As any live show collector or fan knows, once you start listening to audio from a show you start adjusting to it and it starts sounding more and more acceptable and normal to the ears.  And these two nights in these 1977 shows are no different.

I have uploaded some other 1977 Chicago recordings from the four nights Led Zeppelin played there to my site in the past.  So you may want to look for those too.  I don't think either of these two nights have been uploaded by me before, but one may have.  And the audio may be better and I likely would have made comments on how it sounded too at the time of the upload.

I hope you enjoy these shows...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment