Saturday, March 14, 2015

Rush: 1981-06-12 Anaheim, CA (FLAC_AUD 1st Gen_2 CD)

UPDATE: Cancel what I am saying about this being an "excellent"recording below.  This one is superb!  I'm listening to it and am on CD 2's "Natural Science" and this has been a spectacular performance and with superb sound after all!

This is an excellent sounding Rush concert I've had for years but only in the mp3 format (and I don't like mp3's).  A new friend had asked me if I had a lossless copy of it yesterday, and after searching for a little while, I found two copies (this being the best one) on Dime.

It seems this show has had a number of wrong dates associated with it.  In fact, the artwork for this copy has 6/16/81 wrongly listed.  The dates I ran across were 1981-06-10, 1981-06-12, and 1981-06-16 as I found different information on the show.  But in the long run, the general consensus was it was recorded on 1981-06-12 and someone even posted a ticket stub for that date at this venue and city.  And since Rush only played one night in Anaheim in June of 1981, it makes sense the consensus is correct.

LINEAGE:
None really given other than 1st Gen metal cassette tapes > SHN > Dime >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

NOTES:
A lot of Rush shows shared never give a real lineage at all.  This one, The Definitive Edition, has to have had some EQ work done by JKR Productions I am sure.  Even the lesser sounding copy, We Have Assumed Control, by CatSkip Records Inc that was released in 2003 I would imagine had some EQ work done on it.  Very few labels ever release a show without doing some EQ work on it (be it good or bad).

DETAILS:
Artist: Rush
Date: June 12th, 1981
Location: Anaheim, California
Venue: Convention Center

Title: Anaheim, CA 6/18/81 - The Definitive Edition

Label: JKR Productions
Source: AUD (1st Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (full artwork in download)
Size: 782 MB
Length: 120:31:45

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. 2112: Overture
102. 2112: Temple Of Syrinx
103. Freewill
104. Limelight
105. Hemispheres: Prelude
106. Beneath, Between, Behind
107. The Camera Eye
108. YYZ
109. Neil Peart (drum solo)
110. Broon's Bane
111. The Trees
112. Xanadu

CD 2:
201. The Spirit Of Radio
202. Red Barchetta
203. Closer To The Heart
204. Tom Sawyer
205. Vital Signs
206. Natural Science
207. Working Man
208. Hemispheres: Armageddon
209. By-Tor And The Snow Dog
210. In The End
211. In The Mood
212. 2112: Finale
213. La Villa Strangiato

LINK:
(1) 1981-06-12 Anaheim, CA (AUD 1st Gen)


I was told this is a Mike Millard recording.  The person requesting the show stated that it was in an online list of shows Millard recorded.  And from the excellent sound I've heard, I have no problem believing this may be the case too.  While I can't confirm or deny it myself at this point in time, I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has any information on the taper and whether or not it is a confirmed Mike Millard recording or not.

This is an excellent sounding show as I stated.  It falls just a little short of being a superb sounding recording, but in a lot of the show's sections, I do believe it is superb.  There are better sounding 1981 audience recordings, but this one is in no way even close to being anything short of excellent and it is definitely one of the better Rush 1981 recordings I have heard.

I still have only listened to about 75% of the show via the PC Bose speakers.  But I plan on burning it to disc today and listening to it tomorrow
on the home theater setup where I can really hear it much better and notice little things that get overlooked listening through PC speakers and sound setups.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



2 comments:

  1. Great post!! I really like the set list from this era of Rush, looking forward to seeing what they will be playing on the upcoming tour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roland! Sorry I am playing catch up here in replies this morning. I sure hope Rush doesn't call 2015 their final tour in the end. I feel they won't be happy sitting at home as much as they have toured non stop throughout their history. At least I hope so...

    Bootradr

    ReplyDelete