Thursday, March 5, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1975-03-05 Dallas, TX (FLAC_SB Remaster_3 CD)

Tonight was the second Dallas Led Zeppelin show on their Physical Graffiti tour in 1975 and it was 40 years ago tonight as well.

This is another superb soundboard recording and this one is the Grame Remaster version of the EVSD Days Confused copy.  I uploaded the EVSD copy of the show here two years ago.  Personally, I like the EVSD original copy better than the remastered copy.  They're both superb sounding recordings though.  And this Grame Remaster copy has some really awesome bonus points to it too.  But overall, I prefer the original copy.  I'll copy and paste the notes on the remaster below.

Empress Valley Supreme Disc released this show in a limited, 300 copies 6 CD set.  The first three CD's were the soundboard recording and the bonus three discs were an upgraded audience recording.  The soundboard released discs had micro gaps between the tracks however.  But they were fixed by traders over the years and this Grame Remaster copy also has them fixed.

For some reason I am still trying to figure out, EVSD has this Days Confused 6 CD release of the show and they had a second 6 CD release, again with the soundboard being the first three discs and the audience being the last three discs, titled Chasing The Dragon.  Honestly, this is a confusing duplication I don't understand.  Regardless, they did this and I have got all discs except the bonus three disc (or audience recording) for the Days Confused 6 CD set.

OK, I am getting a little tired of spending more time researching recordings than I do listening to them!  But I did learn that EVSD's audience portion of Chasing The Dragon actually has parts of the 1975-02-28 Baton Rouge show used to fill in some music.  But the Days Confused discs of the audience recording are correct and have the Dallas audio only like they should have in Chasing The Dragon.

I was going to upload the Chasing The Dragon 3 CD audience recording after this soundboard upload, but now I may wait.  I've been trying to get the Days Confused second half of this upload and I think I should eventually find it.  I may or may not upload the audience recording, one that sounds excellent I might add, for this show next?  I'll see how long it takes to get this show uploaded finally.

Well, rather than go back and edit this post again (and I haven't even posted it yet) I'm just adding this update as the files are being embedded with the metadata.  I have the 3 CD, correct audio Days Confused bonus discs 4 - 6 now!  I asked for some help in information and getting a seeder on the recording and the fine folks over on R-O helped me get it.  But believe it or not, I think the Chasing The Dragon copy sounds better than the Days Confused copy too.  The Days Confused copy seems to have some slight right channel noise and it may even be more heavily balanced in the right channel too.  There is a distortion or tape problem noise that I do not find on the Chasing The Dragon copy in the Dallas show's audio.  Days Confused has more high frequencies present but the Chasing The Dragon copy is cleaner and doesn't have the sound issue either.

I love communities where people enjoy the same music and are friendly and want to help others looking for what they have :-)  That's how I can get both show copies and compare them for myself before deciding which to upload.  One thing is for sure.  They both sound better than the TDOLZ label's Live in Dallas copy.  So I should be uploading one of the audience recording of this show in a little while also.  But at the rate I'm getting things done tonight, it may be March 6th before it is finally uploaded.

Thanks to "orangeboy" for the information on the differences between the EVSD 1975-03-05 Chasing The Dragon and Days Confused releases!

The lineage before my obtaining this recording seems a little confusing and possible even wrong in some areas.  But I'm adding it like it was described anyhow since I can't be sure.

LINEAGE:
EVSD silver CD's > EAC (Secure Mode & Offset Corrected) > WAV > FLAC 8 (v1.1.2a with FLAC Frontend v1.7.1 align/verify) > WAV (removing gaps, see details below) > FLAC 8 > WAV > Remastered* > aligned sectors on boundaries > TLH (to encode as FLAC 8 on sector boundaries >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

NOTES (Grame & martin66 additional info copy & paste):
grame
*The remaster involved the following:
1) the original mix with slight compression
2) a compressed and eq'd feed of the original mix to an impulse of the ambience of an onstage environment
3) a feed to an impulse of the ambience of a japanese concert hall. the low end and high end is reduced on this feed
4) 2 and 3 are then added to 1 and then slightly compressed to glue the whole thing together.
Went easy on the limiting to retain dynamics

martin66
Additional comments:
The original silvers contained micro-gaps near the track transitions. Here is what I did to remove them:
- Renaming tracks to comply with etree naming convention
- Removing micro-gaps near the track transitions using EAC's integrated wave editor
- Fixing resulting sector boundary errors with shntool


DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: March 5th, 1975
Location: Dallas, Texas
Venue:
Memorial Audiotorium
Title: Days Confused (Grame Remaster)

Label: EVSD/Grame Remaster
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 3
Artwork: Yes (original EVSD artwork)
Size: 1.13 GB
Length: 182:13:34

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Sick Again
103. Over The Hills And Far Away
104. In My Time Of Dying
105. The Song Remains The Same
106. The Rain Song

CD 2:
201. Kashmir
202. No Quarter
203. Trampled Underfoot

204. Moby Dick

CD 3:
301. Dazed And Confused
302. Stairway To Heaven
303. Whole Lotta Love
304.
The Crunge
305. Black Dog


LINKS:
(1) 1975-03-05 Dallas, TX 9SB Remaster/EVSD & Grame)
(2) 1975-03-05 Dallas, TX 9SB Remaster/EVSD & Grame)


This Grame Remaster copy does really bring out Plant's voice very well.  But the low frequencies, or bass, sounds better to me on the original EVSD recording.  Neither copy will be disappointing because they both sound superb.  And you're tastes may be different than mine and you might like this copy better?

Led Zeppelin does "The Crunge" again on this night too but they do not play "Heartbreaker" in the second Dallas concert.

The artwork for this show, as well as the tile too, are in reference to the unknown correct dates at the time of the show surfacing.  EVSD picked the wrong date too.  It was unknown if the shows in Dallas in 1975 were on March 4th and 5th (and they were) or March 5th and 6th.  So on this March 5th show, EVSD has March 6th on the artwork incorrectly.  Hence the title Days Confused too.

This posting for this recording has been all over the place and I am just ready to upload the Days Confused Grame Remaster copy now and get it over with.  I'm sorry for the topics jumping back and forth and dealing with EVSD's really messed up way of releasing these CD sets.  I have a lot more information I could carry on with too, but I am not going to do that.  I've had enough and I am ready to post this sucker!

I hope you enjoy this recording on its 40th anniversary...
 
Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment