Friday, March 6, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1975-03-05 Dallas, TX (FLAC_AUD_3 CD)

Yesterday was the anniversary of this show's 40th birthday, and I had wanted to upload the audience copy after the soundboard copy of it, but time ran short and it was not possible.  So I'm uploading it today.

This is an excellent  audience recording of the EVSD Chasing The Dragon copy of the 1975-03-05 Dallas show

Empress Valley Supreme Disc released this Chasing The Dragon copy of show in a limited, 300 copies 6 CD set.  The first three CD's were the soundboard recording and the bonus three discs were an upgraded audience recording.

EVSD has this Chasing The Dragon 6 CD release and then they also put out their Days Confused 6 CD release of the show later.  I was confused until I was able to track down and get help from some friends as to why there were two 6 CD releases as well as two titles for the show from EVSD.

I did learn that EVSD's audience portion of Chasing The Dragon actually has parts of the 1975-02-28 Baton Rouge show used to fill in some music.  But the Days Confused discs of the audience recording are correct and have the Dallas audio only like they should have had in Chasing The Dragon.

Here is a copy and paste of some information "orangeboy" found and shared in relation to the EVSD Chasing The Dragon audience recording:

"EV's Chasing the Dragon used the February 28th show to fill in the two musical gaps and of course didn't note the change. Furthermore, there are sound changes after most of the songs that sound like splices. For all but maybe one instance, they're adjusting the tape and not actually switching to a different tape. It creates a completely unnecessary dissonance. On the plus side, EV has a longer introduction, a little more tape after Kashmir, and some extra tape after Moby Dick."

I had 9 out of the 12 discs associated with the two EVSD 6 CD sets releases when I was posting a remastered soundboard copy last night of the show.  At the time, I did not have the audience discs (4 - 6) from the Days Confused 6 CD set when I started writing the post, but by the time I finished it I had been able to obtain those last three discs too and have all 12 discs to make my comparisons now.

But believe it or not, and after a lot of comparing too, I think the Chasing The Dragon copy , even with a little 1975-02-28 Baton Rouge audio in two songs, sounds better than the Days Confused copy that contains nothing but the Dallas audio.  The Days Confused copy has some right channel noise (distortion) and it may even be more heavily balanced in the right channel too.  There is a distortion or tape problem noise that I do not find on the Chasing The Dragon copy of the Dallas show's audio.  Days Confused has more high frequencies present but the Chasing The Dragon copy is cleaner and doesn't have the sound issue either.

Thanks to "orangeboy" for the information on the differences between the EVSD 1975-03-05 Chasing The Dragon and Days Confused releases!  And thanks to the seeders over on R-O for helping me get the 3 CD audience discs I did not have as I began last night's post preparation.

LINEAGE:
EVSD silver CD's > CD-R (2) > EAC > WAV > FLAC >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: March 5th, 1975
Location: Dallas, Texas
Venue:
Memorial Auditorium
Title: Chasing The Dragon

Label: EVSD
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 3
Artwork: Yes (full artwork in download)
Size: 982 MB
Length: 181:55:12

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Sick Again
103. Over The Hills And Far Away
104. In My Time Of Dying
105. The Song Remains The Same
106. The Rain Song
107. Kashmir

CD 2:
201. No Quarter
202. Trampled Underfoot

203. Moby Dick

CD 3:
301. Dazed And Confused
302. Stairway To Heaven
303. Whole Lotta Love ~
The Crunge
304. Black Dog


LINK:
(1) 1975-03-05 Dallas, TX (AUD/EVSD)


I decided to go ahead and upload the better sounding Chasing The Dragon audience discs from that copy of EVSD's two titles.  I can, and eventually will, upload the Days Confused bonus 3 discs of that EVSD copy's audience recording.

The artwork for this show has the wrong date too.  As I mentioned in the previous upload of the Grame Remaster of the sounboard of this show, at the time of EVSD's release the exact dates were not confirmed for the two Dallas shows yet.  It was know to either be March 5th and 6th or March 4th and 5th of 1975.  And EVSD has the wrong March 6th date on this March 5th show on their artwork.  I am uploading the full 6 CD artwork for the complete soundboard and audience discs of Chasing The Dragon today, in this upload, also.

I really like the sound in this excellent recording of the show.  I've listened to most of the show via the PC's Bose speakers.  But I haven't given it a full, hi fidelity listen yet or even burned it to disc to listen.  But once I get back home today, I plan on listening from the beginning to end.  And if anything needs to be added to this post, I will go ahead and update it here in this post.

I hope you enjoy this recording on its 40th and one day anniversary...
 
Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment