Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1975-01-21 Chicago, IL (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

It was 40 years ago tonight Led Zeppelin played this show in Chicago.  This was their second night in Chicago and the third show on their tour in 1975 (not counting the Rotterdam and Brussels warm up shows about two weeks earlier).  I've already uploaded the 1975-01-20 show here before so I figured I'd put the show from today up now.  The band also played a third night at Chicago the next night.  And since I've never uploaded that show before, well, keep your eyes open!

This is a great sounding show.  It is almost excellent sounding but falls just a little short of excellent.  The recording sounds evenly mixed and recorded too.  A lot of times we get recordings that have a lot of ups and downs in the audio throughout the show.  And thankfully this is not one of those types.

For some reason, I have no lineage for this specific SIRA recording.  But unless somebody put it to tape and then made copies and put it back to CD-R (highly unlikely), we know it came from the Silver Rarities (SIRA) CD's and it really shouldn't have too much missing from the lineage anyhow.

I must have been planning on uploading this show a few months back when I uploaded the 1975-01-20 show?  I say this because I already had it prepared for uploading with the one exception being the text file.  I just double checked a few tracks in Audacity and it looks like there is no audio clipping too.  SIRA is pretty good about not clipping audio like many other labels do when they EQ and amplify shows.

LINEAGE:
No lineage available
> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: January 21st, 1975
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Venue:
Chicago Stadium
Title: Live On The Levee

Label: Silver Rarities
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 679 MB
Length: 125:22:57

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101.
Rock And Roll
102. Sick Again
103. Over The Hills And Far Away
104. When The Levee Breaks

105. In My Time Of Dying
106. The Song Remains The Same

107. The Rain Song
108. Kashmir
109. The Wanton Song

CD 2:

201. No Quarter
202. Trampled Underfoot
203. Moby Dick
204. How Many More Times

205. Stairway To Heaven
206. Whole Lotta Love
207.
Black Dog

LINK:
(1) 1975-01-21 Chicago, IL (AUD/SIRA)


I hate to sound harsh here, but I can kind of understand why Led Zeppelin dropped "When The Levee Breaks" soon into the tour.  Something just doesn't sound right when they played the song live.  It didn't sound right in Europe in the Brussels warm up show and it didn't sound right on this night either.  Robert plant also seems to want to come in early on the song.  I've noticed this on another recording or two when they still were playing the song in the early part of this Physical Graffiti LP tour.

Ironically, the next official releases of the 2014/2015 remastered Led Zeppelin albums is Physical Graffiti.  It's due out in a few weeks.  So 40 years later, around the same time the LP was being released 40 years ago, they're releasing it again but with bonus materials this time and a better sound!  Don't forget to buy it!

The band was still playing "How Many More Times" as well as "When The Levee Breaks" at this early stage in their 1975 tour thankfully.  That didn't last too many shows however.

I know there are some contradictions regarding a track or two, and maybe it is "When The Levee Breaks" and "How Many More Times", as to whether or not one of the three nights in Chicago on the 1975 tour had a track or two added from one of the other night's shows.  I wrote about this in the 1975-01-20 upload.  I just checked my previous post for the January 20th show and the discrepancy is whether "How Many More Times" on the 1975-01-20 show is actually this night's (January 21st) performance of it.  It seems that it is too.  But the good thing is that this night's show doesn't seem to have any discrepancies and is accurate in the setlist for it.  See my 1975-01-20 upload I made if you want more information.

I started to upload the Tarantura label copy of this show also last night.  But unfortunately, the copy I was able to get has the two second haps between tracks and was likely ripped using DAO (disc at once).  I think DAO is the ,ethod where it inserts the two second gaps.  If not, it was a TAO (track at once) burn I believe.  It's too bad because the audio sounds better to me than this SIRA label copy does.  I got the show yesterday over on Dime and I'm in communication with the uploader to see if there is any way to get a copy without the gaps.  The gaps really ruin the continuity of the show and nobody wants them.  If I get the better sounding copy and it flows flawlessly, I'll upload it too eventually.

I hope you enjoy this show from 40 years ago today...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment