Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Norah Jones: 2007-01-20 Paris, France (FLAC_SB/FM_1 CD)

This show was eight years ago today and the first Norah Jones show I've uploaded too.  I'm not very familiar with her music or story.  However, in the last year I've gotten a few copies of some of her shows.  And she has a really nice voice.

I decided to upload this show today, not only because it's the eighth anniversary of it, but because I wanted to upload something new and different even to me.  She starts out with a Hank Williams song in this show but I would not have known that had she not mentioned it.

From what I've heard as I listen to this show while preparing it, she has some beautiful harmony and melody going on in this live performance.  There is piano, guitar, pedal steel guitar, and a mix of instruments playing in the songs too.  The music ranges from a soft melodic music to a country type of music and on to another unique style of music.  And I like it when an artist can implement a variety of instruments and musical styles into their songs and make their own  unique sound.  That's one thing I love in Feist's music.  And even though the music and voice Norah Jones plays and sings doesn't sound like Feist, there is something that kind of has a Feist like feel to the songs.

LINEAGE:
FM BX (aired on 2007-01-26) > Creative SoubdBlaster soundcard line-in > WAV > Nero Burning Rom > CD-R > EAC > WAV > dbPower Amp > FLAC > me > WAV (tested for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you


DETAILS:
Artist: Norah Jones
Date: January 20th, 2007
Location: Paris, France
Venue: Maison de Radio - Studio 104

Title: Studio 104 Paris, France, 2007

Label: Unknown
Source: SB/FM
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes
Size: 420 MB
Length: 71:57:08

SETLIST:
01. Cold Cold Heart
02. Sunrise
03. Thinking About You
04. Sinkin' Soon
05. Not Too Late
06. Not My Friend
07. Humble Me
08. Wake Me Up
09. Broken
10. Until The End
11. Creepin' In
12. The Long Way Home
13. Little Room
14. My Dear Country
15. Rosie's Lullaby
16. Be My Somebody
17. Don't Know Why
18. Come Away With Me
19. crowd/encore
20. Lonestar

LINK:
(1) 2007-01-20 Paris, France (SB/FM)


I can't recall which movie I saw Norah Jones performing in right now.  But the movie, and her performance in it, helped me decide to check out some of her shows.  Her music is a little off the beaten path of what I usually listen to.  But the more I listen to the music and her voice, the more I seem to enjoy it.

For some unknown reason this show was broken up into a 2 CD set.  But it easily and completely fits on a single CD-R.

The waveform looks great and there is no audio clipping at all.  But the TLH lossiness test, once again, is all over the map.  TLH is known to give bad results many times on shows broadcast over FM radio and then checked.  So this is another recording that needs a frequency analysis and spectral analysis done to confirm its lossy/lossless integrity.

This CDDA/MPEG false results analysis with Trader's Little Helper is really getting old too.  I love the TLH program for the superb features it has even though the testing for MPEG and CDDA sourced audio is not one of its strong points at all.  I need to go ahead and figure out the right way to read the spectral analysis and how to confirm without any doubt my frequency analysis testing is correct.  I'm familiar with how to do the tests in Audacity but the problem is understanding the test results for me at this time.  I also have another program, AVS, that can do the FA and SA testing and I'll check this show later tonight and see if I can decode the results any easier with AVS.  This is something I need to do as well as want to do because I am tired of not truly knowing for sure when TLH gives me these mixed results.  I'll update this show's information if I find out this show is an MPEG, lossy sourced show.

I did some internet searching for artwork for this show and was able to find some.  Unfortunately, and maybe even correctly, the higher resolution artwork for the front and center (or cover art) art has "mp3 version" added to the bottom.  So there is obviously a FLAC version or some other lossless version artwork out there too but I couldn't find it or read the website for the artwork on the back artwork.

Thanks goes to "Paulramone" for making this recording available and sharing it last year too.

I hope you enjoy this show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment