Sunday, January 11, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1969-01-11 San Francisco, CA (FLAC_SB Master_1 CD)

For the 46th anniversary of this show today, we have Led Zeppelin's first set performed from the master soundboard reel.  This is another excellent recording.

This soundboard has a heavier bass mix to it than a lot of soundboards.  Thus, the various labels and fan mixes have various sounds and quality to them too.  Some are distorted slightly due to bad mixes and some are cleaned up a little bit for a superior sound.  This recording is unaltered sound-wise as far as I know.

This is the earliest dated Led Zeppelin soundboard to have surfaced and circulated too.  There are no soundboard shows in circulation of Led Zeppelin before this one still.  And this is a very early Led Zeppelin show too.  Like I wrote yesterday, they were a brand new band and hitting th Fillmore West for their first set of shows.  This was their third day in a row plaaying the Fillmore West.  And guess what?  They weren't done yet either!

LINEAGE:
SB master eel
> DAT > FLAC> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: January 11th, 1969
Location: San Francisco, California
Venue:
Fillmore West
Title: None

Label: Presence
Source: SB (Master Reel)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 216 MB
Length: 42:24:44

SETLIST:
01.
I Can't Quit You Baby
02.
Dazed And Confused
03. You Shook me
04.
How Many More Times
05. Communication Breakdown


LINK:
(1) 1969-01-11 San Francisco, CA (SB Master/Presence))


There is a small amount of clipping in the audio, but it is not too bad.  I'm guessing it was on the master reel because I am petty confident Presence would not have created it.  But I have never heard anything mentioned about it so this is speculation.

I was looking for something I had read in the past regarding a very low audio track it sounds like that can be heard during silent parts in this recording.  But I was unable to find what I read before and really don't remember how the audio was explained.  At the beginning of the show you can hear a low volume track of some other music playing as Robert Plant talks.  I'd always guessed it was music playing in the venue.  But whenever the concert gets started and especially when Led Zeppelin is playing you cannot hear it.  And it is not a problem causing any real interference or issues with this recording of the concert either.  It's nothing to be worried about but I did want to mention it anyhow.  If I locate the information with either an explanation or assumed reason for the underlying audio track, I'll update this post.

I hope you enjoy this show from 46 years ago today...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment