Sunday, January 11, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1969-01-10 San Francisco, CA (FLAC_AUD 2nd Gen ZD Ver._2 CD)

My plans to upload five or six of the 1969-01-10 shows got stopped at two of them yesterday of the show's 46the anniversary.  I had some things come up that kept me from being able to continue.  But just for the sake of an excellent show and trying to keep my word here too, I'm adding a third copy from the 1969-01-10 San Francisco historic show right now.

This is the Zeppelin Digital second generation copy of the show and it would have been the third copy I uploaded of the show had I been able to yesterday.  I got a copy of this first in a For Badgholders Only (FBO) Tree from that group I was in.  It was pre-internet sharing days and in the days when we actually mailed spindles of shows we copied to each other when doing trades with fellow traders.  The FBO Tree was set up where the best known version of a show was sent out freely to those interested on a 1 blank CD-R trade for 1 CD-R of the show basis.  In other words, I sent in two high quality CD-R discs and then I got the 2 CD-R copy of the show sent to me.  The problem many of us (myself included) were not aware of were issues like SBE's (sector boundary errors) and most of us did not have the knowledge or the software in those days for checking for such simple and common issues like we do today.  It was a lot different than today where most (but not all) people just see a show online, get it, and don't even leave comments (hint, hint) :-)  It was better in many ways because you got to know people with the same interests and talk with them regularly via e-mail and sometime phone calls and it was a lot more personal than today.

I got this copy I'm sharing now online myself rather than doing an EAC burn on my old discs.  But I also checked the files for problems an errors too and there were none.


LINEAGE:
2nd Gen tape > DAT > CD-R
> FLAC> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: January 10th, 1969
Location: San Francisco, California
Venue:
Fillmore West
Title: Zeppelin Digital Volume 2 1/10/69

Label: Zeppelin Digital
Source: AUD (2nd Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 531 MB
Length: 94:54:49

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Train Kept A Rollin'
102. I Can't Quit You Baby
103. As Long as I Have You
104. Dazed And Confused
105. How Many More Times 
106. White Summer/Black Mountain Side
107. Killing Floor
108. You Shook Me

CD 2:
201. Pat's Delight
202. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 
203. Communication Breakdown
204. For Your Love


LINK:
(1) 1969-01-10 San Francisco, CA (AUD/Zeppelin Digital)


I guess I can pick up next year, on the 47th anniversary maybe, with some more of the 1969-01-10 show copies?  I think that out of about 10 copies I looked at yesterday the worse sounding one was the Wendy label copy.  And the three best sounding ones are the ones I uploaded here.  So you really don't have to feel like you're missing out on much because all three of these are excellent!

I hope you enjoy this historic show from 46 years and one day ago today...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment