Saturday, January 10, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1969-01-10 San Francisco, CA (FLAC_AUD Silver rarities_2 CD)

It was 46 years ago today that taper history was made!  This was Led Zeppelin's second night at the Fillmore West, but their first night that a taper got a full, excellent recording of their show.  Keep in mind, when this show hit circulation it was the second earliest show from Zeppelin we had.  We had the 1968-12-30 Spokane, Washington show (still the earliest Led Zeppelin show we have).  I don't believe the 1969-01-05 San Francisco show from the Whisky A Go-Go had surfaced yet and neither had the one song recorded from the show the night before, 1969-01-09, on Led Zeppelin's first night at the Fillmore West either.  Don't quote me on that, but I am pretty confident this was the case.  Either way, this is the first excellent recording of the band we still have today when they were new.

This Silver Rarities copy, reportedly sourced from the master audience tape, was my very first experience with this show when it surfaced.  Since then, I've collected close to a dozen different copies from different labels and different lineages.  And they all sound excellent!  I'm not convinced this is actually from the master tapes so I am not adding that to this post other than making mention that it may be the case.

Well, in celebration of this historic show, I'm going to attempt to upload a number of these copies today.  I have things I have to leave and do today.  But when I come back home I'll try and pick up where I left off.  It takes me a while to make these posts because of my vision.  But I love doing it, I want to do it, and I know if you're a Zeppelin fan you will love it too.  Sharing the great music with like-minded friends is half of the enjoyment of this passion for the music (at least for me).

LINEAGE:
Silver Rarities silver CD's
> FLAC> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: January 10th, 1969
Location: San Francisco, California
Venue:
Fillmore West
Title: For Your Love

Label: Silver Rarities
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 427 MB
Length: 95:25:39

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Train Kept A Rollin'
102. I Can't Quit You Baby
103. As Long as I Have You
104. Dazed And Confused
105. How Many More Times 

CD 2:
201. White Summer/Black Mountain Side
202. Killing Floor
203. You Shook Me
204. Pat's Delight
205. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 
206. Communication Breakdown
207. For Your Love


LINK:
(1) 1969-01-10 San Francisco, CA (AUD/Silver Rarities)


One thing I love about this Silver Rarities copy of For Your Love, a title also used by EVSD, is they did not clip any audio.  The show sounds excellent too!  I've got two non label copies, both second generation transfers that are also excellent.  And I'll share one or both of those today too as well.

This is a historic show because it is Led Zeppelin, not using The New Yardbirds contractual name they had to finish a few shows with as they began their tour just before this show, and the band was brand new!  They had only been called Led Zeppelin less than two weeks I believe.  This is truly the first quality sounding audience recording we have of them when they were brand spanking new.  And today is the 46th anniversary of this show.

As long as we keep the quality train a rollin', this real and superb era of music will not die.  So spread it around freely to whoever you want to and make sure they don't turn it into an mp3 :-)  I know you can't make sure of that, but you can try.  Whether you understand the importance in doing this or not, I promise you it is very important and you'll regret not doing it if you convert the shows to mp3 and expect to have a quality, high resolution copy of this show in years to come.  And if you do convert this to mp3 for your own use, please; do not share that recording.  I am asking nicely here.  Your mp3's are for all quality sakes worthless other than for listening on some iPod or something.  And even then, listen in the WAV format if you want to hear quality audio through your headphones.  And thank you for keeping the integrity of these shows intact if you do so.  I, and may other people too, really appreciate it!

I hope you enjoy this historic show from 46 years ago today...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



2 comments: