Friday, January 9, 2015

Mazzy Star: 2012-04-07 Sacramento, CA (FLAC_AUD_Bootradr Remaster_1 CD)

This is an excellent Mazzy Star performance and recording as they were on their tour heading to the Coachella Festival to perform.  I have a video of their performance at the festival, and in fact, it was the first music I ever really heard from the band and what got me hooked on them too.

I'll upload the Coachella Festival video eventually, and even though it is in a lossy format, I like the way it looks after building a DVD of it.  For some weird reason I've never run across before and have been unable to find out why, the DVD version of the show I made cuts off about 90 seconds before the show ends.  I tried fixing it but it will not let me get that last minute and a half of the show to DVD.  The lossy webcast rip it was sourced from, a good quality TS video file rip, plays all the way through just fine too.

I wanted make mention of the site I am finding many of these excellent shows on.  After finding the first shows I got on Dime, I did a little web searching for the Coachella Festival (in Indio, California) video in a lossless format.  And even though I could not find it, my search brought me to The Mazzy Star Fan Forum where there are tons of shows from the band and the band's singer Hope Sandoval.  I've talked a few time via Dime to the administrator of the site and he has been more than helpful and very nice too.  So if you find yourself drawn in like I have been to Mazzy Star's music, the fan forum is the best resource I have come across for information and shows of the band!

LINEAGE:
Tascam DR-07mkII (96/24) > USB > WAV > WaveLab (44/16 & track splitting) > FLAC 8 > verified and align on sector boundaries
> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Easy Media Creator 2010 Pro (to remove track splits) > Audacity (to removed audio clipping and bring up 400 -1000 Hz frequencies slightly in order to bring Hope's vocals up) > CD Wave Editor (to crate new tracks) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Mazzy Star
Date: April 7th, 2012
Location: Sacramento, California
Venue:
Harlow's
Title: None

Label: Ozowie (taper) & Bootradr Remaster
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 325 MB
Length: 69:27:17

SETLIST:

01. Disappear
02. Blue Flower
03. Common Burn
04. She Hangs Brightly
05. Ghost Highway
06. Ride It On
07. Spoon
08. Fade Into You
09. Lay Myself Down
10. Flyin' Low
11. encore break ~ band returns to stage
12. Into Dust
13. So Tonight I Might See


LINK:
(1) 2012-04-07 Sacramento, CA (AUD)


There was some clipping in the audio in portions of the show.  The original taper, "Ozwowie", made mention of the audio recording level being a little high because they were unable to monitor it during the show.  "Ozwowie" also said if anyone was interested in cleaning up and reworking the show they were fine with that.

The show already sounded excellent.  But I decided to fix the clipping issue and bring up Hope's vocals a little too.  It was very light EQ'ing I did after fixing the clipping.  In fact, I'm noticing the better vocals but I don't know if anyone else might or not?  It's not that I'm any better at it.  It's just that I've been listening to and working with both copies.

The taper also mentioned it sounded as if the house PA system at the show was a little underpowered for the band's performance.  So the cleaning up made this a better sounding show to me, but it was not any drastic changes that were made and I was really concentrating on the vocals primarily.  The harmonics do not sound like they were effected at all.  I've got both versions, the unaltered and this cleaned up one. So, if anyone's interested in both of them just let me know.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment