Sunday, January 18, 2015

Journey: 2001-02-05 Nagoya, Japan (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

This is Journey's sixth night in Japan as they were opening their Arrival tour.  I'm having to skip the fifth show, which was 2001-01-04 at Shizuoka, Japan's Shiminkaikan (the venue), because I do not have this show.  I sure would love to find this one and I know it was likely recorded.  But so far, I've never seen it available anywhere before.

This Nagoya is another excellent recording.  I'm not sure what the source for this show may be.  I was thinking it was likely another Sylph label show at first.  But after looking at the waveform, I have my doubts.  That signature clipping I've mentioned in some of the other Japan 2001 recordings is not there.  There is a small amount of clipping, but it's a very small amount and it doesn't resemble the other Sylph label shows when viewing the waveform at all.

Well, as I was getting ready to zip the files up and upload them I decided to plug in the drive and take a fast look at my hard drive with tons of Journey artwork I started saving in the 1990's.  And I did have the artwork for this show and did not realize it too.  Just as I had guessed, it is not a Sylph label release either.  That just goes to show how much information you can gather from something as simple as looking at the waveform sometimes.  And I now know that the Sylph label is responsible for the audio clipping in previous 2001 Japan shows of Journey I have been uploading too.  Like I mentioned before, this is a common problem with a lot of labels when they feel they have to mess with audio but they don't have the expertise to really do so (or they don't care).  The artwork for this Nagoya 2001 show has no label on it either so it is possible a fan did the whole project?  I couldn't tell that from the waveform though :-)

This is also one of the longer shows, like the 2001-01-31 Tokyo show, and it runs over two hours long.

LINEAGE:
No lineage given > FLAC > me > WAV (tested for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you


DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: February 5th, 2001
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Venue: Kinronkaikan

Title: Somebody Has A Birthday Today

Label: None
Source: AUD
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 764 MB
Length: 126:45:61

SETLIST:
CD 1:

101. Message Of Love
102. To Be Alive Again
103. Ask The Lonely
104. Neal Schon (guitar solo)
105. Stone In Love
106. All The Way
107. After The Fall
108. Lights
109.
Jonathan Cain (piano solo)
110. When You Love A Woman
111. Send Her My Love

112. Just The Same Way
113. Don't Stop Believin'
114. Fillmore Boogie

CD 2:
201. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
202. Kiss Me Softly
203. Escape
204. Higher Place
205. Wheel In The Sky (intro)
206. Wheel In The Sky
207. Be Good To Yourself
208. Any Way You Want It
209.
Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
210. Happy Birthday - Rendel Ivers
211. We Will Meet Again
212. band introductions
213. Faithfully


LINK:
(1) 2001-02-05 Nagoya, Japan (AUD)


This is the first time I've done a CDDA/MPEG test (checking for lossiness) and got these results like I did on this show.  Every track has the "track cannot be qualified" text telling me it is unable to confirm whether it is a lossy MPEG sourced audio or a lossless sourced audio.  I've seen this in some test results on a few tracks.  But I have never seen every track come back with this result.  So a more in depth frequency analysis and spectral analysis will be needed to confirm what the final results are.

The show has an excellent mix where vocals and instruments are heard evenly.  The low frequency (or bass) side is not as present as it has been in the other Japanese shows from 2001.  But the show and audio still sounds excellent and it is a very enjoyable show.

I hope you enjoy this show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment