Friday, January 2, 2015

Journey: 1974-05-XX Sausalito, CA (FLAC_SB/Studio/FM BX_1 CD)

This is an excellent copy of a show with a few dates that have been passed around through the years.  For a long time, 1974-05-27 was the date given for this studio recorded with a small audience and soon after FM broadcasted show.  But then that date became the date the program was actually aired on reportedly and then 1974-05-12 was introduced as the actual date of the recording in the studio.  But again, that was reported as the (or maybe "an") air date too.  The show was likely aired a few times and I have a low resolution newspaper ad of air dates included in the upload and at the bottom of this post.  I cannot read it with my vision but maybe you can? 

So the actual date is not really known for this studio recording but it is believed to be in May of 1974 when the actual small audience studio recording was made.  All thanks goes to Jerry for this copy of the show he got and worked on and I am uploading now!

LINEAGE:
? > Maxell XLII-S cassette > Nak BX300 > Sony RCD-W1 > Roxio Creator Classic (PCM 44.100 kHz/16 Bit stereo) > Wave Corrector (8db Hiss Reduction, -1 db Normalization, Channel Balance & Track Splitting) > dBpowerAMP Music Converter > FLAC 5
> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > CD Wave Editor (to split single track 3 into two tracks/two songs were in one track) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: May, 1973
Location: Sausalito, California
Venue:
Record Plant
Title: None

Label: None
Source: SB/Studio/FM BX
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 262 MB
Length: 44:39:00

SETLIST:

01. Mystery Mountain
02. Topaz
03.
It's All Too Much
04. In My Lonely Feeling/Conversations
05. Kohoutek
06. To Play Some Music
07. Of A Lifetime
08. In The Morning Day

BAND:
Neal Schon  -  guitar/vocals
Gregg Rolie  -  keyboards/vocals
Aynsley Dunbar  -  drums
George Tickner  -  guitar/rhythm guitar
Ross Valory  -  bass guitar


LINK:
(1) 1974-05-XX Sausalito, CA (SB/Studio FM BX)


I've had a few copies of this recording over the years.  The first is my silver CD Gypsy Eye label copy titled Original Cut that I got from Japan around 1998.  I may do a little comparing later and see if it sounds any better.

It's been a long time since I've listened to the Original Cut copy and I'd need to rip it with EAC to my hard drive and run some TLH tests on it since I have come across a few Gypsy Eye label releases in the last couple of years that were lossy.  In fact, they took a lossy Journey show (all that has surfaced so far of the 1978 Texxas Jam soundboard) I'd worked on and uploaded here.  I shared it on one other site besides my own and within a week or two it was released and being sold by Gypsy Eye and being shared on lossless sites too!  And it was my copy I had remastered without any doubt.  Gypsy Eye knew it was a lossy copy when they downloaded it and put it to silver disc, but they did what they did anyhow.  So my respect for them has deminished somewhat.  But I'll check the copy I got in 1998 titled "Original Cut" because I know it has a more comlete introduction than this copy I am uploading now.  No big deal, but it's worth looking into later and comparing copies.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment