Saturday, November 15, 2014

Journey: 1983-05-08 Uniondale, NY (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

It's time to get back to some of my roots here tonight and upload a new show I never have uploaded yet of one of my favorite bands, Journey!  I've been jumping all over the place musically lately, and I probably will for a little longer too.  But I have to interject some of my favorites at the same time and this is one right here.

Here is a recording that was shared by the Rubicon label but no artwork ever seemed to have surfaced for it.  My good friend and Journey fan, "tupchurch", was kind enough to make some artwork for this CD.  And I somehow forgot about uploading the show I guess?  I still cannot remember why it was still in my "To Upload" folder because it was almost completely ready to be uploaded but it was just waiting there.

This is a great show listening to it through the home theater system or the PC speakers.  It won't win any awards for best sounding show.  But it is very easy to listen to and it sounds like the band is feeling it in this Uniondale show on this night.  I've been listening to "Send Her My Love" and "Still They Ride" via the PC speakers as I've been typing this post up.  And it makes me want to find where I put the 2 CD's of it a few months back after listening to it (again) and put them into the better sound system (again).

Steve Perry's vocals are on fire this specific night!  Anyone who knows the history, the turmoil, and the story of Journey around the 1983 tour time knows they were going through a problematic period.  With the fighting and changes that led to their 1987 demise with Steve Perry, this was one of the most emotional points in the band's history I think.  The songs and the way they play them display that.  This is a stellar show any Journey fan would like I am sure.

LINEAGE:
No lineage given > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you


DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: May 8th, 1983
Location: Uniondale, New York
Venue: Nassau Coliseum
Title: Nassau Project

Label: Rubicon
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (thanks to "tupchurch" for creating some artwork)
Size: 433 MB
Length: 84:07:21

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Elmo's Theme
102. Chain Reaction
103. Wheel In The Sky
104. Line Of Fire
105. Send Her My Love
106.
Still They Ride
107. Open Arms
108.
No More Lies
109. Back Talk
110. Jonathan Cain (keyboard intro into Rubicon)
111.
Rubicon
112. Steve Smith (drum solo)


CD 2:
201.
Escape
202. Faithfully
203. Who's Crying Now

204. Don't Stop Believin'
205.
Neal Schon (guitar solo)
206. Stone In Love
207.
Keep On Runnin'
208. Any Way You Want It
209. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)


LINK:
(1) 1983-05-08 Uniondale, NY (AUD)


The waveform on this show looks excellent and there is no audio clipping at all from my examination of it.  This is a very good recording because you can hear the music and Perry's voice well.  Unfortunately, the fidelity is what you might expect from a 1983 stadium recording.  It isn't the best but it's far, far from the worst too.  Once you start listening to the show you soon adapt to it and realize how nice it does sound. And the clarity soon becomes apparent too!  The sounds is very consistent too throughout most of the show making this recording that much better and reliable.

There are some digital errors at the beginning of CD 2 on the song "Escape".  Who knows the cause?  Maybe someone burned a copy too fast, scratched, or smudged up a disc the music came off of?  I have no clue.  But it doesn't last but a few seconds at most and everything seems to go back to normal.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



2 comments:

  1. Link should be www.filefactory.com/file/k3bopz5ywrp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note there. I somehow had entered the wrong link in the wrong box I guess...

    Bootradr

    ReplyDelete