Friday, November 14, 2014

Sara BAreilles: 2013-05-09 Vancouver, BC, Canada (FLAC_AUD Master_2 CD)

This is a slightly different kind of Sara Bareilles show than most.  She's playing without a band and she's doing a lot of talking between songs.  Plus, this is a longer show than most of her normal 74 - 78 minute ones too.

This is an excellent recording.  The taper tracked the recording (made splits) at each songs as well as each time she was talking for a little bit.

I'm not really sure what Bareilles was doing in Canada on this tour or even if each show was like this one and without a band.  I know when I saw her on September 27th, 2013, she was wrapping up some other mini tour too with other artists opening before her.  I believe Dallas was the very last show on that leg of the tour and then she took a break and a month or two later started her full tour (which I wish was what I could have seen but I'm happy I saw anything).

LINEAGE:
(1) Lineage: Sony TCD-D100 DAT recorder with Core Sound Binaural microphones > Sony PCM-R300 > Tascam CD-RW700 > CDR >
(2) Mastering: Asus ST Soundcard 24/192 > Soundforge Pro 11 incl. Waves plug ins> TLH FLAC with SBA > shared

(3) Additional: me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

SEATING:
Recorded from the front row balcony on left hand side.

DETAILS:
Artist: Sara Bareilles
Date: May 9th, 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Venue: Rio Theatre
Title: None

Label: DGB (taper)
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Size: 451 MB
Length: 96:14:22

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. introduction
102. Uncharted
103. Bareilles banter
104. Love On The Rocks
105. Benny And The Jets (Elton.John cover)
106.
Bareilles banter
107. Love Song
108.
Bareilles banter
109. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) (Beyonce cover)
110. (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay (Otis Redding cover)
111.
Bareilles banter
112. Bright Lights And Cityscapes
113.
Bareilles banter
114. Let The Rain

CD 2:
201.
Bareilles banter
202. I Just Want You
203.
Bareilles banter
204. Come Round Soon
205.
Bareilles banter
206. Once Upon Another Time
207.
Bareilles banter
208. Brave
209. King Of Anything
210. Gravity
211. crowd
212. Part Of That World (Little Mermaid/Disney cover)
213. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Elton John cover)


LINK:
(1) 2013-05-09 Vancouver, B.C. (AUD Master)


I looked up and saw a lot of YouTube videos on this Vancouver performance.  Sara Bareilles was sitting behind a half wall looking like the album release, a landscape of New York City in a large way, and she seemed to be playing the piano most of the time.  I think she played her guitar too on some songs.  But I need to listen to the full show to say for sure because I wasn't thinking about it as I listened earlier.

I'll post a YouTube video as a sample at the end of this post to give you an idea of what this 2 CD set resembles.  It seems very enjoyable and her voice is in fine shape as it always seems to be.  I'd still like to hear her get back to more of her 2007 roots musically.  But I'm not complaining either about most of where she's at now musically neither.  And as I said before, Sara Bareilles in one of my "guilty pleasures" since I am rock ad blues to the bone.  Well, and melody and musical talent loving too I guess :-)

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


SAMPLE: "Gravity"

No comments:

Post a Comment