Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1977-04-27 Cleveland, OH (FLAC_SB Master_3 CD)

Two days and thirty-seven years ago, this excellent concert took place.  This is one of my favorite Led Zeppelin concerts from their 1977 tour too.  This concert, commonly known as Destroyer, was one of my first (maybe the first) silver CD 1977 Led Zeppelin shows I got on CD.  But this upload is not my "The Swingin' Pig" label Destroyer copy of this show.  This source is a copy of the master soundboard from the show and it sounds even better that what I got many, many years ago.

LINEAGE:
Master SB reels > DAT > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness...none found & then deleted WAV files) > TLH (to align on sector boundaries) >
TLH (for md5 & ffp file creations and verifications) >  you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: April 27th, 1977
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Venue: Richfield Coliseum
Source: SB (Master DAT clone)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 3
Artwork: No
Label: Presence
Title: None
Size: 1.05 GB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. The Song Remains The Same (cuts in)
102. Sick Again
103. Nobody's Fault But Mine
104. In My Time Of Dying
105. Since I've Been Loving You
106. No Quarter

107. Ten Years Gone

CD 2:
201. The Battle Of Evermore
202. Going To California

203. Black Country Woman
204. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
205. White Summer
206. Black Mountain Side
207. Kashmir


CD 3:
301. Over The Top/Moby Dick
302. Jimmy Page (guitar solo)
303. Achilles Last Stand
304. Stairway To Heaven
305.
Rock And Roll
306. Trampled Underfoot


FileFactory Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/7hzyjnbuhpcb/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/3n2ouieww4ib/


This is the best sounding version (and their are many) of this show I've heard!  Prior to getting this version, I'd considered Winston Remasters' "Dr. Who" to be the best.  But this one is even better.  The "twang" in the bass and guitar strings can even be heard in this soundboard clone version.  You can hear a lot of detail in the instruments that I've never noticed or heard in any other version/copy of this show I've ever listened to over the years.

"No Quarter" has a very solemn sound and style to it in this show.  I use to drive around late at night, after I had first gotten the Swingin' Pig label's version of this show, and cruise by my old stomping grounds where I had good and bad memories when I was younger.  I could put in the CD, turn it up, and it was just a peaceful, memory lane type of feeling I'd get from it as I drove past my first girlfriend's parent's home in Old Town Spring and it would take me back to the days of dating her.

The same goes for the following song, "Ten Years Gone", too.  I like the beginning talk for that song where Plant can't seem to remember what album the song came off of and how he states, "This is one of the tracks from (insert pause as Plant cannot think of the album title)...this is about the first love, the one you never forget, Ten Years Gone."  Just between CD 1's "Since I've Benn Loving You", "No Quarter", and "Ten Years Gone", you have right at (+/-) 40 minutes of music that has always taken me back to the days of my first love, the one I'll never forget, from 31 years (or ten years gone times three) ago.  And to this day, I always have those memories that flood in as I hear these three songs wrapping up CD 1.

I hope you enjoy this superb sounding and performed show, and and I hope it takes you back too, as much as it does for me...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

THE SWINGIN' PIG (NOT THIS UPLOAD) LABEL'S COVER ART

No comments:

Post a Comment