Monday, April 21, 2014

Procol Harum: 1971-04-12 NeYork, NY (FLAC_SB/Pre-FM_1 CD)

This is a superb sounding recording of a classic rock band I have not listened to very much over the years.  In a way, I guess Procol Harum sort of fell between the cracks in my listening?  This recording was a radio broadcast by WPLJ FM 95.5 MHz.  But it was not an off-air recording made by someone recording the broadcast most collectors are certain.  It is a Pre-FM recording almost certainly.  Either way, it is superb in sound and stereo separation too.

LINEAGE:

Unknown lineage > shared on G101 > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to embed metadata/track titles into renamed, original FLAC files) > FLAC 6 > TLH (for md5 and ffp file creations, testing for SBE's, and for files verification) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Procol Harum
Date: April 12th, 1971
Location: New York, New York
Venue: A&R Studios
Source: SB/Pre-FM
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes
Label: None
Title: The Elusive Procol Harum
Size: 322 MB

SETLIST:
01. Memorial Drive
02. Still There'll Be More
03. Nothing That I Didn't Know
04. Simple Sister
05. Luskus Delph
06. Shine On Brightly
07. Whaling Stories
08. Broken Barricades
09. Juicy John Pink
10. A Salty Dog
11. Whisky Train
12. Power Failure


LINK:
1971-04-12 New York, NY


As I listen to this show preparing this blog entry, I am really unfamiliar with the songs.  I don't know the band's history or story either.  However, as I'm guessing most people who've listened to the radio through the 1970's (and before or after to a point) know, we've all heard of Procol Harum.  Some are much more familiar with their music I'm sure.  But I feel like a newbie on this one.

I'm guessing this is a British Invasion band from the accent of the singer.  He definitely has the "England" dialect when speaking.  To me, some songs are better than others.  But overall, it's an enjoyable listening experience.

One thing is for sure.  After hearing such a good recording of the band today, I think I'll try a few more of their shows as I come across them.  This was my first and only Procol Harum show that I obtained earlier today.  And now, I'm sharing it with you too.  See what you think?

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!
 
THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment