Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Joan Jett And The Blackhearts: 1984-12-31 New York, NY (DVD_Pro Shot/TV)

This is a really cool capture of a New Year's Eve party in 1984/85.  The times and people both were different in those days and it really shows in this concert MTV aired live on the 1984 New Year's Eve going into 1985 New Year's Day.

I first got this show a number of years back, but over time, my DVD build became corrupted and it also started skipping.  I've kept my eye open for another copy over the years, and to my surprise, I found an upgrade earlier this morning.  This video has a better picture quality than the first (second and third too) version I had of this concert.  I really enjoy this show for the music, the time period, and the whole packaged deal.

LINEAGE:
MTV live broadcast > Unknown lineage >  G101 > TLH (to create a new md5 file and for verifying file) > you


SHOW DETAILS:
Artist: Joan Jett And The Blackhearts
Date: December 31st, 1984
Location: New York, New York
Venue: Unknown
Title: MTV New Year's Eve 1984 - NYC
Label: Deer5001 (2011)


DVD ATTRIBUTES:
Menus: Yes
Chapters: Yes
Artwork: Yes
DVD Size: 1.49 GB
Length: 40 minutes (approximately)


VIDEO ATTRIBUTES:
Format: NTSC (Region Free)
Type: Pro Shot
Resolution: 720 x 480
Aspect: 4:3
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
Bitrate: 9000 kbps
Codec: MPEG-2


AUDIO ATTRIBUTES:
Sample Rate: 48 kHz
Bitrate: 448 kbps
Codec: AC3 (Dolby Digital)
Channels: 2
Streams: 1


CHAPTERS:
01. Bad Reputation
02. Fake Friends
03. I Love You Love Me Love
04. I Need Someone
05. Crimson And Clover
06. I Love Rock 'N' Roll
07. He's A Rebel (feat. Darlene Love on vocals)
08. Everyday People
09. Cherry Bomb
10. Do You Wanna Touch Me
 

BONUS TRACK:
11. I Love You Love Me Love (higher quality audio/video of the same song/video in this concert)

LINKS:
(1) 1984-12-31 New York, NY (Pro Shot)
(2) 1984-12-31 New York, NY (Pro Shot)
(3) 1984-12-31 New York, NY (Pro Shot)

I've always liked Joan Jett from the time I first heard "I Love Rock 'N' Roll" and "Crimson And Clover" in the early 1980's.  And even though I bought an album or two in those days, I never really listened to her too much until the early to mid 1990's.  She has always been a beautiful female with an awesome voice.  And after she went out on her own in 1980 (I believe 1980), after her run with the band The Runaways, she only got more talented and better with her music.


The first time I saw Joan Jett was around 1990 at a music festival in San Antonio, Texas.  She, and her band too, sounded great.  It was many years before I saw here again at the Richardson, Texas 2006-05-20 Wildflower Festival where she headlined the main stage playing after The Gregg Rolie Band and Loverboy.  Here performance, one I recorded with a Sony MZ70 mini disc recorder and an external Sony ECM-917 microphone from up front on stage right, was an excellent show.  With better recording equipment nowadays, I hope to see her again someday soon.

Even with her short haircut and added tattoos (I don't like tattoos...nothing against anyone that has them, I just don't like them myself) through the years, as well as being in here 50's nowadays, she still has a beautiful face (and body) and an awesome voice that sounds just as great today.  She's still touring today.  In fact, I just got a superb audience recording of a show Joan Jett And The Blackhearts played a few days ago and it sounds like she and her band are still rocking good.

I like how Joan Jett was a child and fan of the 1950's - 1960's songs and how she incorporates them into many of her songs but plays them with a more rock 'n' roll style.  I've seen a few interviews with her where she talks about growing up listening to that music and how much she loves it.  And to this day, she still plays many of the oldies but with the Joan Jett And The Blackhearts style of music and singing.  I like it when an artist sticks by the music they love and keeps listening to it even after almost 40 years of touring and playing songs.  Of course, not all of Joan Jett's songs are from the oldies.  She has been making new music for years and it definitely has the undeniable Joan Jett sound and rockin' to it just like it always has.  By sticking to what she likes, while expanding her music too, I'd bet it is one of the main reasons she and her band can play it today with the sounds of yesterday.

One other thing I like about this show I'm uploading is the old MTV VJ's like Martha Quinn that are in it.  I always had the hots for her growing up.  David Lee Roth, no longer in Van Halen at the time of this show, also comes out on stage at the countdown to the new year.  If you were around in the 1980's and the DVD of the show and the audience clips (as well as ambiance) throughout it doesn't take you back in time, well, I'd be surprised!

I hope you enjoy this New York City live show and the blast from the past it provides those who get it...


Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment