Friday, October 4, 2013

Led Zeppelin: 1972-10-04 Osaka, Japan (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

This is an excellent recording of Zeppelin's first night in Osaka on their Japan tour of 1972.  This show was 41 years ago tonight!  The band played Nagoya the next night and then came back to Osaka on the 9th after a few days of taking a break to resume the rest of the 1972 Japan shows.

This is the best sounding source and the best sounding version/label too from what I've listened to (10+ different recordings).  I'm not sure yet, but I believe this one is considered source 2 out of an unknown (to me right now) number of sources recording this night.

LINEAGE:
Tatantura's The Campaign 14 CD set (this date's 2 CD's are named Dancing Geisha) silvers > EAC Secure Mode > TLH (encoded FLAC 8 & tested files + MD5 checksum, EAC logfiles) > you

Artist: Led Zeppelin
Location: Osaka, Japan
Venue: Festival Hall
Date: October 4th,, 1972
Label: Tarantura
Title: Dancing Geisha
CD's: 2
Type: AUD
Artwork: Yes 

Size: 716 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Black Dog
103.
Over The Hills And Far Away
104. Misty Mountain Hop
105.
Since I've Been Loving You
106. Dancing Days
107. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

108. The Song Remains The Same
109. The Rain Song

CD 2:
201. Dazed And Confused
202. Stairway To Heaven
203. Whole Lotta Love

204. Heartbreaker
205. Immigrant Song

LINKS:
Part 1 - 1972-10-04 Osaka (Tarantura)
Part 2 - 1972-10-04 Osaka (Tarantura)

The reason I picked this version/label to upload is because it seems to have a great, clean bass and the highs are still there minus the tape hiss.  It's a great job Tarantura did on this show in my opinion.  Page's guitar sounds great as well as Plant's vocals.  And John Paul Jones' bass sounds very clean and well heard.  There's a part in "Dazed and Confused" where the band is transitioning into "The Crunge" in the medley section of the song.  It's about 14:31 (+/- a few seconds) into the song.  Just as the transition ends and "The Crunge" begins, there is a bass note JPJ hits that just resonates so clearly and clean.  Pay attention when you reach this part and I think you'll notice it and like it too.

I'm leaving this file set the same way I got it on this one to expedite things.  The original uploader did an excellent job of adding all the important items and using EAC to accurately rip the silver CD's.  The text file is very basic, but it is sufficient.  The EAC text files are there, and all of the Dancing Geisha (Tarantura's 2 CD title release for this show out of their 14 CD "The Campaign" release for the 1972 October shows release) artwork plus extra "The Campaign" artwork is included too.  I didn't add my own text file to this file set like I did on the previous 1972-10-03 show because I'd have to finish typing it (or this) right now and I wouldn't be able to have the show uploading now as I finish this post's preparation.

My plan is to continue uploading each night's show from the Japan 1972 tour here over the next few days.  I'm planning on uploading the best sounding recordings I have from the different sources and labels/recordings.  I'm doing a ton of comparing from various parts of each show with the different versions, sources, and labels I have to determine which sounds the best (in my opinion) for each date.  So, there will be at least 6 nights worth of shows from Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya, and Tokyo just for the month of October as Zeppelin played and bounced back and forth across the country of Japan on this leg of their 1972 tour.  I should've uploaded the 1972-10-02 Tokyo show which is the first night of the Japan 1972 shows already.  But I'll upload it here soon enough.  This was the third night out of Zeppelin's six nights played on their 1972 tour in Japan.

I hope you enjoy this show from 41 years ago today...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment