Saturday, October 5, 2013

Led Zeppelin: 1972-10-05 Nagoya, Japan (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

This is an good recording of Zeppelin's first and only night in Nagoya on their Japan tour of 1972.  This show was 41 years ago tonight!  The band played Nagoya this night, took a few days break, and then returned to Osaka again for their second show there to resume the rest of the 1972 Japan shows.

This recording isn't as good of a capture of the show as the ones from the previous nights I've already uploaded.  But it is still very good and any Zeppelin fan should enjoy it.  This is one of the two best sounding versions and has a cleaner sound in parts, but it isn't as  full or "atmospheric" sounding to me.  The second version,  Akashic label's release, of this show I'm uploading today too.  But to be 100% honest, I don't like Tarantura's version (this upload) as much.  In fact, the more comparing I'm doing on these two versions leads me to believe they are in fact two different tape sources and not from the same bootlegger.  There were so many people recording these shows that it can make it difficult to determine "sources" at times.  This is especially true after the labels get hold of them and EQ them.  To me, this upload is the lesser sounding recording and the next upload (above this one) would be my personal choice for overall best sound!  But I still like this Tarantura version too.  Either way, there will be two 1972-10-05 Nagoya show recordings to choose from here today (or grab both and make your own comparisons). I've compared around 6 different recordings, sources, and/or labels to pick these two I'm uploading today.

LINEAGE:
Tatantura's "The Campaign 14 CD set (this date's 2 CD's are named "Cherry Blossom") silvers > EAC Secure Mode > TLH (encoded FLAC 8 & tested files + MD5 checksum, EAC log files) > you

Artist: Led Zeppelin
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Venue: Nagoya-Shi Kokaido
Date: October 5th,, 1972
Label: Tarantura
Title: Cherry Blossom
CD's: 2
Type: AUD
Artwork: Yes 

Size: 517 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Black Dog
103. Misty Mountain Hop
104.
Since I've Been Loving You
105. Dancing Days
106. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

107. The Song Remains The Same
108. The Rain Song

CD 2:
201. Dazed And Confused
202. Stairway To Heaven
203. Whole Lotta Love

204. Cherry Blossom
205. Thank You

LINKS:
(1) 1972-10-05 Nagoya, Japan (AUD/Tarantura)
(2) 1972-10-05 Nagoya, Japan (AUD/Tarantura)

The reason I picked this version/label to upload is because it seems to have a cleaner sound in parts of the show.  But that can also takes away from the more full, being there sound many (myself included) like.  I like this one and the next one with the more full sound as I've stated.  So you be the judge of what sound you prefer and download the version(s) you want.

"Over The Hills and Far Away as well as "Immigrant Song" have been dropped in this show's setlist in place of "Cherry Blossom" and "Thank You" which ares the last two songs closing the show out.  This Tarantura label, while seeming to be a different source, is more complete that the Akashic label (the other upload here) version.  This upload contains two extra songs, "Cherry Blossom" and "Tank You", that are not on the probably better Akashic labels version (indicating they are likely two separate tape sources once again).

I'm leaving this file set the same way I got it on this one.  The original source for this version did an excellent job of adding all the important items and using EAC to accurately rip the silver CD's.  The text file is very basic, but it is sufficient.  I'll add the "Bootradr's info" text file and "Bootradr's checksum" file too.  The EAC text files are there, and all of the Cherry Blossom (Tarantura's 2 CD title release for this show out of their 14 CD "The Campaign" release for the 1972 October Japanese shows) artwork plus extra "The Campaign" artwork is included too.

My plan is to continue uploading each night's show from the Japan 1972 tour here over the next few days.  I'll add the 1972-10-02 Tokyo show sometime in the next day or two.  It was the first show on Zeppelin's 1972 Japan leg of the tour and one I didn't get to upload first since I started on 10/3 with uploading these shows.  I'm planning on uploading the best sounding recordings I have from the different sources and labels/recordings.  I'm doing a ton of comparing from various parts of each show with the different versions, sources, and labels I have to determine which sounds the best (in my opinion) for each date.  So, there will be at least 6 nights worth of shows from Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya, and Tokyo just for the month of October as Zeppelin played and bounced back and forth across the country of Japan on this leg of their 1972 tour.  This was the fourth night out of Zeppelin's six nights played on their 1972 tour in Japan.

I hope you enjoy this show from 41 years ago today...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment