Friday, August 9, 2013

Muse: 2013-03-13 Dallas, TX (FLAC_Bootradr Master AUD Source 1_2 CD) (With Sample At End)

Here's a show I recorded a few months ago and I finally got around to creating an upload/download of it. This is source 1 (Zoom H2) of two sources (Zoom H4n with a Sony ECM-917 microphone is source 2) I recorded the show with. I always take at least two digital recorders so I have a backup if one recording fails or doesn't come out right.

I do not know Muse's music. Nevertheless, if I go to a show I record a show :-)

I recorded the entire show and it sounds excellent. I recorded the show in 96 kHz/24 bit audio but this upload is the CD standard 44.1 kHz/16 bit down sampled version (ready to burn to disc if you want to). The only issue I had (and shouldn't have had) is when the recorder reached the 2 GB file size and then started a new file.  The recorders should still continuously record a show with no breaks as it is suppose to. That didn't happen. There is a very short gap in whichever track (near the end of a song) was being recorded when the 2 GB file size was reached. This has happened a few times in shows I've recorded in the past, but it doesn't happen all of the time. I'm not sure why it happens sometimes, but this night it did.

LINEAGE: (NOTE - NO EQ OR ALTERING OF THE SOUND WAS DONE!)
Source 1 master Zoom H2 recorder @ 96 kHz/24 bit WAV > 16 GB SD card > PC > CD WAV to convert to 44.1 kHz/16 bit audio > Media Creator Pro 2010 for tracking & for fade in/out (very beginning/end of show) > Trader's Little Helper for encoding as FLAC6, to alight sector boundaries, for creation of md5, ffp, and torrent files, and for verifications of files > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Muse
Date: March 13th, 2013
Location: Dallas, Texas
Venue: American Airlines Center
Source: Source1 AUD Master
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No (some show photos included, please feel free to create and share artwork)
Label: Bootradr Master
Title: aMUSEment Event
Size: 685 MB

SETLIST: (Thank you to those who helped me with the song titles!)

Track 01 Isolated System + Supremacy
Track 02 Supermassive Black Hole
Track 03 Panic Station
Track 04 Resistance
Track 05 The Star-Spangled Banner
Track 06 Hysteria
Track 07 Man with a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia
Track 08 Montpellier Jam + Explorers
Track 09 Follow Me
Track 10 Sunburn
Track 11 Liquid State
Track 12 Madness
Track 13 House of the Rising Sun riff + Time Is Running Out
Track 14 Undisclosed Desires
Track 15 Stockholm Syndrome + Freedom outro
Track 16 Unsustainable
Track 17 Uprising (extended)
Track 18 --
Track 19 Starlight
Track 20 Survival


FilFactory Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/hevmqyushwz/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/7l0isezq4ocr/

NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime, ZOMB, and The Trader's Den.  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Go to http://www.dimeadozen.org for their home page.  And remember to keep your sharing ratio at 0.25% or higher so as to not get banned.  As far as ZOMB and TTD torrent sites go, read their rules too.  Most of these sites have a ratio you need to be aware of to stay in good standing..  It's a much faster download almost always!  Now, back to the original blog post.

3 Torrent Sites Downloading Options: 
(1) http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=460296 - Dime
(2) http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=47158 - ZOMB
(3)  http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105564 - The Trader's Den

Even though I'm not classified as a "Muse fan", I did enjoy the show I took my niece too. She was the 13 year old, huge Muse fanatic. And it was a good show. They had a great stage setup and special effects presentation. And as loud as the crowd was, they're not heard very often due to the band being much louder (and this source's digital recorder microphones).

I took a lot of pictures with my Nikon 4 megapixel camera (yea, it was my old one...got a great, new Cannon camera for the upcoming Heart & Bonham show if I can find a way to sneak it in). I chose 24 random pictures from the many taken and included them in a folder in this upload. So, the photos aren't necessarily "professional", but at the same time, we were close enough for them to be good. I'm hoping someone will use some of the better pictures to create some artwork for this show and share it here.

Ironically, I was sitting just a few rows back from where I'd been approached and almost kicked out of the Def Leppard show three times just a few months earlier. My niece's dad had bought the cheap tickets (which wound up being behind the stage for the most part) and then asked me if I'd take her because he couldn't go. As we got to our cheap seating area, the venue ticket taker said the area was closed off and gave us upgraded tickets to the approximately $300 (what the price was for two tickets on the Def Leppard show the year before) seating and we had great seats! And after practically not being able to film and audio record the Def Leppard show (but I still got it on one recorder in a stealth mode...it's uploaded here too) because security was watching me like a hawk, I didn't have any issues whatsoever at this Muse show and never really saw a security team member at all.

Anyhow, it was a great, fun night and I got an excellent recording (actually two) with no issues or problems.


I'm adding a sample, which sounds horrible to me due to the compressed, lossy mp3 audio.  It's made up of shots taken at the show put to the song "Madness".  I may pull it soon because it doesn't truly represent the FLAC audio's quality.  The show sounds much better than this 79 MB sample allows you to hear.  But I'll give it a chance and may do this on some other Bootradr Master uploads if I can get over the lossy audio and picture quality :-)

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr




 
"MADNESS" COLLAGE SAMPLE (LOSSY)




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I like Muse a lot. Is your problem with the 2GB recording thing because your memory card is formatted as Fat32 instead of NTFS (that might explain it because FAT and FAT32 can't handle large files - something like that you might have to goggle it to check on the specifics.) Any chance of having this in 96k/24bit flac (other than through torrents - it's a big nono where I am!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Appick,

      I've never really thought of the SD card FAT32 vs. NTFS format idea. But I don't think this is the problem. The manual says the recorders (both the Zoom H2 and Zoom H4n models) automatically create a new file a 2 GB. It's supposed to flawlessly start a new file but keep going when the tracks are played where it isn't even noticeable. Sometime it works like it should, sometimes it doesn't. But I'll research what you said and see if this might be the case. Thanks for the idea.

      One other thing I've been wondering is if the card's class rating might be a reason. I've not paid much attention to the card "classes", but I know in photography you sometimes need a higher class card rating to do certain things.

      I can upload the show in the 96/24 format in a few days and add those links too. I need to track the 96/24 version because the Media Creator 2010 Pro software doesn't read any audio over 44.1/16. I don't know where they get "Pro" from when it doesn't ready 48/24 or 9/24 :-) I can use CD Wav and track it, and then afterwards, I can upload it and add the links to this post. It might be next weekend before I can get it done and uploaded, but it's no problem.

      Thanks for your reply and keep a lookout for the 96/24 version soon...

      Bootradr

      Delete
    2. Hi,
      I suddenly realised that I'd forgotten to check if you had uploaded the 96/24 version. I'm still interested you know if it's possible .... ;-)

      Did you solve the SD card problem?

      Delete
  2. Appick; I'm sorry I just noticed this reply for the first time. I haven't done much with the 96/24 version other than forget I was going to share it.

    I think the SD card issue has not been an issue lately, but I need a few more "test concerts" to make sure it isn't going to happen again :-) Thanks for asking!

    I will get the 96/24 version up or to you somehow. It may be sooner, but it might be a few weeks before I can do it. I have a lot going on If I go out of town for a few weeks as planned. But that's up in the air now. So, I promise I'll upload the 96/24 but please be patient if it takes a little while. Look for it anywhere from a few days to a couple of months at most. and thanks for reminding me; I'm sorry it slipped my mind.

    Are you planning any cool projects with it? I don't know if there is any video of the show? But if so, the audio might be helpful there or for a DVD-A. Be sure to let me know if any useable 96/24 audio gets used because I'd love to hear the show at it's peak sound...

    Bootradr

    ReplyDelete