Thursday, July 25, 2013

REO Speedwagon: 1981-07-15 Boston, MA (FLAC_SB/FM_Bootradr Remaster_2 CD)

PREFACE NOTE:  I have been trying for a week to fix aome errors on this show.  I really do not know what is causing them and it doesn't keep you from being able to listen to the show.  The primary problem I'm having is there are small, split second audio dropouts between tracks.  The audio can still be heard but the audio's volume level drops at the beginning of the next track for a fraction of a second.  This is NOT a track-at once (TAO) vs. disc-at-once (DAO) issue.  I do not have my software set up to allow 2 second gaps between tracks and these errors are just split second errors too.  They would probably go unnoticed by most people if I hadn't mentioned them.  It bugs me because I like to create perfect projects. But this one is going to have to wait until I can determine what the cause is.  Since this remastered version sounds so much better than the original, unedited version; I'm going ahead and uploading it anyways.  In the future, once I figure the issue out or get new software (which may be the issue), I'll re-upload it here.

Here is a show I recently found of an off-air FM recording of REO Speedwagon's Boston 1981 show.  The person that recorded it must have had issues with receiving the radio station as clearly as one would want to record a show being broadcast.  The sound was good, but it needed cleaning up and remastering of it to remove hiss, the static and pops from the actual transmission over the FM airwaves, and the high's needed to be brought up.  And at the same time, the noise that comes with increasing the high end of the audio in a recording needed to be cleaned and removed.  I spent the morning doing this work and am very happy with the finished project.  It sounds so much better and most of the flaws are not even noticeable anymore.  It's a great recording and the project came out even better than I thought I could make it!

LINEAGE:
104.1 WBCN FM broadcast > Teac tape deck > TDK SA-C90 cassette > Audacity (to convert to WAV) > TLH (to convert to FLAC) > uploaded to Dime > my download > Media Creator 2010 Pro (EQ work, cleaning filters, Excite +22) > TLH (fixed SBE's & created ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: REO Speedwagon
Date: July 15th, 1981
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Venue: Boston Garden
Source: SB/FM
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (artwork is from a 1 CD version of the show and doesn't list or contain all of the 2 CD tracks)
Label: none
Title: none
Size: 689 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Don't Let Him Go
102. Like You Do
103. Kevin Speaks
104. Keep Pushin'
105. Kevin Speaks
106. Only The Strong Survive
107. Tough Guys
108. Time For Me To Fly
109. Kevin Speaks
110. Take It On The Run
111. Kevin Speaks
112. Keep On Loving You
113. Roll With The Changes
114. Kevin Speaks
115. Flying Turkey Trot
116. Say You Love Me Or Say Goodnight


CD 2:

201. Back On The Road Again
202. Ridin' The Storm Out
203. DJ Talks
204. 157 Riverside Ave
205. DJ Talks
206. Golden Country
207. Shakin' It Loose


LINKS:
Part 1 - 1981-07-15 Boston, MA (SB/FM)
Part 2 - 1981-07-15 Boston, MA (SB/FM)

Dime Torrent - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=458614
NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime.  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Go to http://www.dimeadozen.org for their home page.  And remember to keep your sharing ratio at 0.25% or higher so as to not get banned.  It's a much faster download almost always!  Now, back to the original blog post.

I really enjoyed listening to this excellent era show of REO's.  I like REO's music even today.  But my favorite era of REO Speedwagon music is between 1978 and 1982/83.  They always put on great shows and I've seen (and recorded) them myself many times through the years.

Thanks to "bobobo" for the original upload too!

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


No comments:

Post a Comment