Thursday, March 10, 2016

Led Zeppelin: 1970-03-09 Vienna, Austria (FLAC_AUD Master Source 2_2 CD)

I'd wanted to upload this source 2 recording of Led Zeppelin's Vienna show on its 46th anniversary yesterday, but unfortunately I couldn't.  So I'm uploading it a day later.  Besides, I uploaded the audience source 1 first generation recording here a year or two ago anyhow so there was a copy of the show if anyone wanted it.  But this source 2 recording is a more complete copy of the show!

This is the KRW_Co transferred source 2 master audience recording and I've been listening to it this morning preparing this post.  The more I listen, the more I like this source.  And I listened to the 90 minute source 2 copy of the show earlier in the morning also.  Both, in their own way and for their own reasons, have advantages and I rate this source 2 recording as great-to-excellent at times!

LINEAGE:
Master tape > DAT clone > X Fiber Optic clone to CD-R > EAC > WAV > TLH > FLAC 8 >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: March 9th, 1970
Location: Vienna, Austria
Venue: Konzerthaus
Title: None

Label: KRW_Co
Source: AUD (Source 2 Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Size: 426 MB
Length: 106:44:00


SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. We're Gonna Groove
102. I Can't Quit You Baby
103. Dazed And Confused

104. Heartbreaker
105. White Summer ~ Black Mountain Side
106. Since I've Been Loving You

CD 2:
201.
Thank You
202.
Moby Dick
203. How Many More Times


LINK:
(1) 1970-03-09 Vienna, Austria (AUD Master Source 2)

There is some audio clipping in the waveform on some tracks.  It isn't horrible but it isn't good either.  The sound and fidelity on the source 1 recording is actually the better sound and it is used in most boot label releases.  But this source 2 recording is a lot better than most give it credit for too.  It is a really clean audio and there is very little distortion throughout the show except in some of the heavier, faster parts at times.  There isn't much in the high frequency range but the overall sound is level, clean, seldom distorted, and very easy to listen to.

The source 1 recording previously uploaded here has more high frequencies present and it does sound cleaner and better overall than this source 2 recording.  But once again, source 2 is not bad sounding and I rate it as a great sounding recording.  And this source 2 recording is a longer and more complete capture of the show as well.  The source 2 recording is on average about 15 - 16 minutes longer than the source 1 recording.  In fact, the song "We're Gonna Groove" is on source 2 and it is not on the source 1 recording.  It is the opening song of the show.

Another plus for the source 2 master here is it has the complete "Since I've Been Loving You".  Source 1 has the beginning of the song but then it abruptly cuts off real soon.  But the song sounds awesome in the source 2 recording and you really just have to hear it.  Plant really wails out some improvised lyrics and he's singing them from the heart it sounds like to me.  This may be the best song on source 2 I feel like and this is where the upgrade from "great" to "excellent" sound comes into play as I mentioned earlier.

The show ends as far as the recordings go with "How Many More Times" and from what I have read nobody really knows if the band played an encore.  And if they did, nobody seems to know why neither taper recorded it.  But I'm glad what we have what we have (which is a little less than two hours) with this source 2 recording of the Vienna 1970 concert.  And who knows?  Maybe next year I'll upload the source 1 and source 2 mix to make the show as complete and possible.  But in my opinion, this source 2 recording sounds better than the two source mix anyhow and KRW_Co captured a great digital copy of the master for us so the thanks goes to him for this material.

The more I have listened to this source 2 recording the more I have loved it and think it really is a nice recording.  The level audio and mix seem to be steady and that makes it an easy show to enjoy.  And if anyone is interested in checking out the source 1 first generation copy of the show, you can download it HERE!

I just realized something I had labelled incorrectly in the past.  I do have a source 2 master with a source 1 first generation copy of this show that has higher end frequencies and may have sounded better than this source 2 master transfer.  I'll keep this one in mind, and having labeled it correctly now, I can upload it next time I upload a Zeppelin show from this date.  This last paragraph is NOT in my text file for this current post.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment