Saturday, August 8, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1969-08-08 San Bernardino, CA (FLAC_AUD_1 CD)

It was 46 years ago tonight when this show was played in San Bernardino, California by the mighty, still new Led Zeppelin.

This is a really great recording if you like Jimmy Page's guitar playing too. This recording really showcases Page's guitar as the taper obviously was in front of his amp.  This is a recording of a  whole lotta Jimmy Page.  I'm not 100% sure Robert Plant's microphone was turned on/up in "Train Kept A Rollin'" because it does seem to increase in volume once the song is over.  And in quieter songs or moments in the show, it is much easier to hear him and the rest of the band.  But either way, on/off or up/down, nothing covers Page's guitar jamming in this show.  Nothing!

LINEAGE:
CD-R > EAC (offset corrected, secure mode, test and copy) > WAV > FLAC Frontend with verify > FLAC 6 >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: August 8th, 1969
Location: San Bernardino, California
Venue: Swing Auditorium

Title: Summer Of '69

Label: Rubber Dubber
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes
Size: 335 MB
Length: 54:47:22

SETLIST:

01. Train Kept A Rollin'
02. I Can't Quit You Baby
03. improvisation
04. Dazed And Confused (cuts in)
05. White Summer
06. You Shook Me

07. How Many More Times

LIN K:
(1) 1969-08-08 San Bernardino, CA (AUD/Rubber Dubber)

I personally love this recording because it is loud and raw sounding Led Zeppelin guitar blasting through the speakers.  And Rubber Dubber (the label) did a good job of not clipping the audio even though you might thing they had by how loud the guitar sounds.  But the waveform looks really nice and the show is a rough and tough performance by the guys.

I've got some other copies of this recording too.  One is a master recording and one is a first generation recording.  Pretty much all others relate to those two recordings and are remasters of it.  I do have one CD-R I traded for on this show many moons ago too, but I don't recall it sounding as good as any of these copies and I think it was from a higher generation tape.


Being in a time sensitive rush here to get this uploaded on its anniversary, I'm going with the Rubber Dubber label copy I had started to upload last year or the year before but never did.  I think it sounds great-to-excellent myself.  To an audiophile only interested in things such as an even balance between instruments, soundboards, etc, this might not be what you want?  I like the sound even though it isn't perfect.  But the performance is perfect also!

You really cannot hear Robert Plant singing in many parts of the show because you are hearing Jimmy Page's guitar blaring.  It's a nice change from most recordings.  I have a feeling the taper never heard the same after this night.

The very beginning of "Dazed And Confused" is not there.  After the really cool improvisation track (as Page was likely doing something with his guitar and the band was playing a song I never heard before or again), it cuts in already in progress.  What a shame.  But there is still a lot of jamming in the song because it was still prior to the guitar violin bow solo when the recording cuts in on the track in progress.  There may be some other small cuts in the show, but I cannot remember right now and need to post this thing and quit talking about it.

I recommend giving this short show a try if for nothing more than the novelty of it!


I hope you enjoy the show...
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



3 comments:

  1. Ok does anyone agree with me on the NQ version? Cmon you gotta hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love it being one of my favorite songs, and I do hear differences, but the song was different each show. What specific time on the song are you referring to ZOSO? I want to know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I got 4 more copies of the show this last week and have not been able to check and see what their stories are just yet. It seems EVSD even has a second release too (which I got)...

    ReplyDelete