Thursday, August 20, 2015

Jimi Hendrix: 1969-01-09 Stockholm, Sweden (FLAC_SB_Both Sets_2 CD)

This is an excellent soundboard of the Jimi Hendrix sets in Stockholm, Sweden during the 1969-01-09 gigs he played.  There are a lot of great sounding Jimi Hendrix shows out there, but at the same time there a lot of lesser recordings that don't sound as nice.  After all, we're talking about 1969 technology.  Be it good sounding or poor, Jimi Hendrix shows are always an enjoying experience to me!  And this is an excellent sounding one from the soundboard too so you should enjoy it.

LINEAGE:
Silver CD's > Foobar2000 > FLAC >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Jimi Hendrix
Date: January 9th, 1969
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Venue: Konserthuest

Title: Caught In The Nagoya

Label: Purple Haze Records
Source: SB (Master/Swedish Radio Reels)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (full artwork in download)
Size: 858 MB
Length: 122:36:61

SETLIST:

Early Show
101. intro
102. Killing Floor
103. Spanish Castle Magic
104. Fire
105. Hey Joe
106. Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)
107. Red House
108. Sunshine Of Your Love

CD 2:
Late Show
201. intro
202. I Don't Live Today
203. Spanish Castle Magic
204. Hey Joe
205. Voodoo Chile
206. Sunshine Of your Love
207. Red House
208. Fire
209. Purple Haze
210. Star Spangled Banner

LINK:
(1) 1969-01-09 Stockholm, Sweden (SB/Master/Purple Haze Records)

A very special thanks goes out to my buddy Dave for sharing this with me.  He is my source for Jimi Hendrix updates, news, new release notices, and just overall anything Jimi Hendrix.

I'd had this one almost ready to upload earlier this year and everything came to a crawl (or stop) for a while as I ran out of time to upload anything.  But now that I am able again, I definitely wanted to get this excellent show uploaded as soon as possible,

It's been a few months since I've heard this show.  But one thing I remember and the original sharing party made mention of is this.  It seems Jimi is a little slow starting out the first set but he picks up in the second set.  In the second set he's much more warmed up and on fire the whole show I guess.  The person sharing this source called it a "bi-polar night" for Hendrix.  And the second show not only is played a little better but it sounds audibly better too.  Maybe it's just in my head?  You be the judge.

One of these two sets was recorded by Swedish television too by the way.  I'm not sure which, and I think I have some of the video from this too?  Since I now have my drives unplugged I cannot confirm that.  Until I can back them up with the new drives I had to replace (thankfully under warranty) I'm trying not to keep them plugged in any more than necessary until everything is backed up.

There is a full set of artwork with a booklet enclosed in the download.  The artwork has some write-up on a few pages and I haven't read it just yet.  So it'll probably have some information I'm failing to mention here.

The audio falls just a little short of perfect but it is not by any means something to worry about.  It really is an excellent show and the sound is excellent as I've already stated.  It is not 100% without flaw.  There are some small amounts of distortion in the shows.  But the waveform has no clipping of the audio so it's not a bad recording or EQ job causing the slight distortion.  And hey, that's Jimi Hendrix's style of playing anyhow!  Jimi Hendrix even mentions to the crowd "It's gonna be a little bit loud. These are English amps and we're in Sweden and the electricity is not working out with these fuzz tones..." before "Spanish Castle Magic" in the second set.  If you're a Hendrix fan you will enjoy the show!

Coming in at a little over two hours long with both sets, it's a great 2 CD set to throw on and jam out to.  If it weren't so early now I'd be doing that myself instead of listening through the PC speakers.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment