Saturday, March 21, 2015

Stevie Ray Vaughn: 1984-03-21 Copenhagen, Denmark (FLAC_AUD Master_2 CD)

Today is the 31st anniversary of this Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble concert that took place in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1984.  And the recording is an excellent and fabulous sounding capture of the show but not completely without some noise issues in the recording too.

I've been a big SRV fan for years but have not uploaded too many of his shows yet.  But I will start uploading more since there are so many and he sounds so great.  I've got many superb audio recordings as well as DVD's of SRV concerts and I know there are others who enjoy his music too.  So I'll get some up here soon.

LINEAGE:
Master cassette > Nakamichi DRAGON > HDD recorder > EAC > FLAC 8 >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

NOTES:

Sony TDC5 with custom microphones most likely used to record the concert according to original information supplied.


DETAILS:
Artist: Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble
Date: March 21st. 1984
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Venue: Alexandra Rock Theater

Title: None

Label: None
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Size: 646 MB
Length: 101:11:72

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Scuttle Buttin'
102. Testify
103. Voodoo Chile
104. The Things (That) I Used To Do
105. Mary Had A Little Lamb
106. Tin Pan Alley
107. Pride And Joy
108. Love Struck Baby

CD 2:
201. Couldn't Stand The Weather
202. Texas Flood
203. Little Wing
204. Third Stone From The Sun
205. blues instrumental
206. Lenny
207. Rude Mood 


LINK:
(1) 1984-03-21 Copenhagen, Denmark (AUD Master)

Stevie Ray Vaughn introduces an instrumental song after the encore but I cannot tell what he says.  It sounds like he calls it "Blues For Myself" or something similar.  I looked all over the web for what it may be called.  But most of what I found were links to pages where they couldn't even spell the popular songs correctly!  So if you know what the song title is for track 205, please leave it in a comment.  He may have said it was a Jimi Hendrix song prior to calling it whatever he called it.  He mentioned Hendrix but I just haven't been able to tell what all he was saying.


The performance by Stevie and the band is an excellent one and the sound is excellent too in most of this recording.  There are some flaws here and there, and you can really notice them in the acoustic songs after the encore.  But from looking at the waveform and listening to the show, I think they're likely just tape degradation issues that are not too bad and definitely not lasting (or heard) in the majority of the music either.  The noise might even have been introduced in the tape transfer to digital format.  And then again, it may be slight distortion causing it even though the sound is heard in the quieter songs much, much easier.  It does sound like it might be some distortion too.  I was also thinking about the custom microphones mentioned in the original information and wondering if the microphones themselves might be the cause of the audio problem?  Who knows.  It's too bad because the capture, with the exception of the noise, is really excellent.

The sounds I'm referring to are the occasional crackling types of sounds or maybe even small pops.  But don't let this discourage you from getting the show because they are not bad, they're sporadic and not usually heard, and the show sounds excellent and makes it easy to overlook flaws like these in most parts of the show.

I know this will ruin it for some people, and for others, it won't make any difference.  That's one reason I hesitate to give any references to a show's sound many times.  And it's also why I I do give references to the sound and ratings too (even though they are always subjective as I state in my sticky notes).  But talking about a recording's sound is also what I like to do and giving a mini review is part of sharing a show in my book.

I've been listening to this show as I did some research on it and was looking for some artwork (I couldn't find any) for it.  And I will be burning it to CD-R's after I upload it and listening later today when I can turn it up a little and really "hear" it like it should be heard.  The noise does become more of an issue near the end as I mentioned already.  After the encore it is more easily heard.  But it doesn't change the clarity and excellent sound captured in the show being heard throughout it too.  I really like the capture the taper, whoever they are, got of this show 31 years ago.  And yes, I do wish it was without the noise flaws because they will play havoc at some points in the show when listening to the show through a good sound system and turned up I imagine.  You'll constantly be wondering if your speakers are blown if you don't read this first.  But that's just part of the live shows game you have to play in order to enjoy the rare recordings too :-)

I hope you enjoy the show...
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment