Sunday, March 1, 2015

Rush: 1981-03-01 Chicago, IL (FLAC_AUD Remaster_2 CD)

Today is the 34th birthday of this excellent Rush recording from their 1981-03-01 Chicago, Illinois concert.  I decided to upload the fan remastered (EQ'ed) copy since it is speed corrected and shows no signs of audio clipping.

While this is an excellent recording, there are some audio problems sometimes too.  It's not perfect.  I'm not sure if some of the problems were caused by the remastering (or EQ job) of the audio or if they were in the original recording too.  I don't think they were caused by the remastering though.  I believe it is just some audio distortion or echo I am hearing in the songs I've listened to so far (all of CD 2).  It does seem to be a problem throughout most of the show and the best thing I can compare it to sound-wise is an FM radio station tuned just a few kHz off of the radio station frequency it is suppose to be on to get a good signal.

LINEAGE:
None given > SHN >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Rush
Date: March 1st, 1981
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Venue: International Amphitheatre

Title: Exit...Stage Right

Label: Moose Records
Source: AUD (Remaster)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (full artwork in download)
Size: 753 MB
Length: 118:35:36

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. 2112: Overture
102. Temple Of Syrinx
103. Freewill
104. Limelight
105. Hemispheres: Prelude
106. Beneath, Between, Behind
107. The Camera Eye
108. YYZ
109. Broon's Bane
110. The Trees
111. Xanadu

CD 2:
201. The Spirit Of Radio
202. Red Barchetta
203. Closer To The Heart
204. Tom Sawyer
205. Vital Signs
206. Natural Science
207. Working Man
208. Hemispheres: Armageddon
209. By-Tor And The Snow Dog
210. In The End
211. In The Mood
212. 2112: Finale
213. La Villa Strangiato

LINK:
(1) 1981-03-01 Chicago, IL (AUD Remaster)


The remastered copy was shared by "Digitalman" on Dime not too long ago, so the thanks go to him.  He didn't include any lineage however.  So other than the mention of speed correcting and EQ work being done, I'm not sure what may have been done.

I went ahead and checked another copy of this show I have listed as the "Definitive Edition" and it has the same errors too.  So it does seem to be in the original source recording too and not from the remastering job after all.  Actually, I'm kind of wishing I'd uploaded the "Definitive Edition" instead as I listen to it now because it does seem to have a slightly better sound even with the problem in the audio and it came from a first generation copy of the audience tapes.  But I've already prepared this Exit...Stage Right copy so I am uploading it,

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment