Sunday, March 1, 2015

Feist: 2008-03-01 Brisbane, Australia (mp3_AUD_1 CD)

This is one of the rare cases where I go ahead and upload a lossy show.  Since I only have this audio in the 320 kbps mp3 audio format, I have no choice if I want to share it on its 7th anniversary.

I love this artist's music, songs, and especially voice!  Feist has got the melody and vocals of an angel I think.  And this show is an excellent recording of here performance in Brisbane, Australia at the Laneway Festival concert event in 2008.

LINEAGE:
None given > mp3 @ 320 knps (single file) >
me > TLH > WAV (to track and test for SBE's) > Easy Media Creator 2010 Pro (to create tracks for songs) > TLH (to align on sector boundaries) > Easy Media Creator 2010 Pro (to embed metadata/track information and re-encode) > mp3 @ 320 kbps > TLH (to create and verify sfv & md5 files) > you

NOTE:
I don't know if it helps any decoding the files to their native WAV format and then fixing the sector boundary errors (or SBE's) on an mp3 recording?  But since some of you will burn this to CD-R, I did it anyways since it definitely won't hurt and it may solve some pops, clicks, and other audio sound issues SBE's cause when put to disc.

SBE's only effect 44.1 kHz/16 bit audio files (or the CD standard) and if you burn this show to disc it's best to have had these removed.  And I assume even though SBE's cannot be worked on in the mp3 format, since the disc burn ALWAYS decodes the audio to the native WAV format before the disc burn, then having fixed the SBE's should help.

DETAILS:
Artist: Feist
Date: March 1st, 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Venue: Brisbane Showgrounds - Bowen Hill
Event: Laneway Festival

Title: None

Label: None
Source: AUD
Format: mp3 (@ 320 kbps)
CD's: 1
Artwork: No
Size: 105 MB
Length: 46:03:53

SETLIST:
01. When I Was A Young Girl
02. I Feel It All
03. So Sorry
04. My Moon My Man
05. The Park (cut short by Feist)
06. 1234
07. Inside And Out
08. Mushaboom
09. Sea Lion Woman
10. Let It Die

LINK:
(1) 2008-03-01 Brisbane, Australia (AUD)


Having been compressed into an mp3, the audio will never be at its peak again and it makes it not even worth trying to EQ unless a lossless copy can be obtained.  The show sounds excellent, and Feist's vocals can be heard perfectly too.  But the audio is not perfect and it sounds like the high frequencies were cut too much.  There is not any distortion or any issues like that.  And I thoroughly enjoy listening to the show myself.  If I didn't like Feist's music so much, I'd never be uploading an mp3 copy of her show.

If anyone has a lossless copy of this show or knows where I can get one, please leave a comment and let me know.  I'd be very grateful!

As I mentioned, this is a shorter than normal performance from Feist because she was just one artist at this yearly concert event in Australia.  It is called the Laneway Festival and is held at different times each year in that country.

After researching the festival just now, I learned a little more information I had wondered about but wasn't sure about.  This festival is something that is in multiple cities in Australia each year.  In fact, Feist played the Laneway Festival in Sydney, Australia tomorrow (seven years ago) and she likely played the other city Laneway Festival concerts too.  Man, the research takes more time than the preparation and uploading of these shows sometimes :-)

I found a treasure trove of Feist shows, all in FLAC, that I don't have at a site called MusicZilla.  But as I go to download the shows, I am suspicious of the free offer messages and questionnaires that the site requires completing before allowing the download.  Have any of you ever used MusicZilla or done one of these types of downloads.  If so, please let me know what your experience was.  I'm not going to risk it until I know it is not a problem.  Here's the link of Feist tagged shows (over 400,000 different artist's shows they have) if you want to see what I am talking about.  And thanks for any information because I'd love to get some of these shows I do not have (in FLAC too)!

http://musiczilla.net/tag/Feist/

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment