This is the speed corrected copy of the show. The original copy shared ran a little fast and another Queen fan fixed the error. I don't believe any other alterations have been done to the audio as in equalizing it. There is no mention of any EQ work and just the speed correction, re-tracking the songs, and renaming tracks by the party that did the work. In fact. I'm sure no EQ'ing was done when I look closer at the lineage and compare this copy with the original one shared by Lampinski.
(1) Lampinski master cassette > Nakamichi CR-3A cassette deck with azimuth correction > M-Audio Firewire Audiophile 2496 > CD WAV 96/24 WAV files > Goldwave (normalizing and crossfades) > CD WAV (track breaks) > dBpowerAMP Audio Converter (96/24 WAV files converted to 44/16 WAV) > FLAC Front End (FLAC 8 with sector boundary alignment) > FLAC files tagged with Foobar 2000 Live Show Tagger >
(2) Additional lineage: FLAC > WAV > speed correction with Zoom G2.1u digital tuner, Audacity, and ears > SBEs fixed with xAct > FLAC level 8 >
(3) me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you
(1) Sony TC-152SD tape recorder with an external Sony ECM-99 stereo microphone & Maxell cassettes
(2) Mastered and FLAC'ed by:
Carl Morstadt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(3) No EQ'ing done
By "Thomasbirch" (speed correcting person) (copy & paste):
"I had to share this it's fabulous. From a tape recorded by Dan Lampinski and recently shared at Dime by Carl Morstadt I just made it run at the right speed as it was too fast. Download this, I guarantee you'll love it - unless you hate Queen, in which case, why are you reading this? The sound quality is phenomenal for a 1976 audience recording rich bass, clear treble, stereo separation and all and it's a heck of a gig. Everybody's on top of their game. I made some artwork as well."
Date: January 30th, 1976
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Venue: Boston Music Hall
Title: Live In Boston '76
Label: Dan Lampinski (taper)
Source: AUD (Master)
Artwork: Yes (two full sets in download)
Size: 675 MB
101. Bohemian Rhapsody (Opera & Rock parts)
102. Ogre Battle
103. Sweet Lady
104. White Queen (As It Began)
105. Flick Of The Wrist
106. Bohemian Rhapsody
107. Killer Queen
108. The March Of The Black Queen
109. Bohemian Rhapsody (reprise)
110. Bring Back That Leroy Brown
111. Brighton Rock
112. Brian May (guitar solo)
113. Son And Daughter (reprise)
114. The Prophet's Song
115. Stone Cold Crazy
116. Doing All Right
201. Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon
202. Keep Yourself Alive
203. Seven Seas Of Rhye
205. In the Lap of the Gods...Revisited
206. Now I'm Here
207. Big Spender ~ Jailhouse Rock ~ Be Bop A Lula ~ God Save The Queen
(1) 1976-01-30 Boston, MA (AUD Master/Lampinski)
Thanks goes to Dan Lampinski for sharing his recording (one of many) and to "Thomasbirch" for fixing the speed and also making some improved (in my opinion) artwork!
The artwork created by "Thomasbirch" and the original artwork are both in the artwork folder. I like the "Thomasbirch" artwork better cosmetically as well as in completeness too. He created a booklet too as part of his artwork project that looks nice.
As for the audio, it really is an excellent-to-superb sounding recording Lampinski got of this show and one most Queen fans will surely enjoy. The stereo separation is great in this show too. Everyone in the band can be heard equally and the crowd noise is very low with an occasional comment from the audience heard or some clapping. And most times, that is heard between songs when it is heard.
This is a much better recording than Lampinski's 1974 Queen show he recorded (I think it was also on January 30th too) two years earlier. What makes this show so enjoyable to me is the clarity and cleanness of the audio. The bass is full and the highs are crisp, sharp, and very clean. You get the full range of sound in this show and it's almost as if you were sitting in the front watching the concert as you listen. Lampinski recorded an historic winner with this one for sure!
I hope you enjoy the show...
THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY! NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE. THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.
KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!