Monday, March 23, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1971-09-09 Hampton, VA (FLAC_SB Master_48/16_2 CD)

This is a 48 kHz/16 bit copy of the excellent soundboard master recording of the Led Zeppelin show in Hampton, Virginia on 1971-09-09.  This copy is cleaner and better sounding than the average soundboard of this show I've heard over the many years it has been circulating.

This soundboard is not as clean or superb sounding as the vast number of 1975 soundboard that we have today.  You really aren't likely to find many pre-1973 to 1975 Led Zeppelin concerts that are.  But nevertheless, and especially in comparison with other 1971 shows, it is excellent sounding.  Personally, and going by my own personal rating system (not scientific), I think it is a superb recording and it has a superb mix too!

I've had this concert for decades now.  My first copy of this concert was either my silver CD's of Hampton Kicks or what I got in a CD-R trade that was titled Hampton '71 and on the Theramin Music label.  I got an upgrade to both of those copies in a For Badeholders Only (FBO) tree later around 1999.  The FBO copy I got was a clean and low generation copy too.  But this copy being uploaded is the best copy that I have found to date.  I really haven't looked to see if there are any Winston Remasters copies out there or if I even have one from that label already yet?  And I don't want to plug in a drive for just a few seconds to check it out right now either.

This is a really cool and groovy performance by Led Zeppelin and it is a show I have enjoyed many times over the years.  I really like Jimmy Page's "ad ins" in "Dazed and Confused" and many of the other songs too as he makes up some music on the fly.  He did that throughout the history of Led Zeppelin, but in these early years, he did it a lot more.

LINEAGE:
Master cassette > DAT (48/16) > DAT (48/16) > DAT (48/16) > DAT (48/16) > Prodiff 96 digital soundcard > Wavelab > WAV (48/16) > CD Wave Editor (to track) > FLAC Frontend > FLAC 8 (48/16) >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness on 44/16) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

NOTES:
While SBE's don't effect 48 kHz/16 bit recordings (they only come into play on 44.1 kHz/16 bit, or CD standard audio), I did convert a copy of the show over to 44/16 to check for SBE's.  Since when you burn the FLAC files to disc this will happen anyhow, I checked to be sure there were no issues.  And there were no SBE's either.

I am not uploading the 44/16 audio here and am only uploading the 48/16 audio files.  Most modern burners will convert the audio to the CD standard sample (44.1 kHz) and bit rate (16 bit) when they burn the discs.  If your program doesn't do this, then you will want to manually convert the show to the CD Standard 44/16 encoding (or upgrade to a program that will).  Leave a message if you have any problems (preferably on the BBBB Facebook Community page) if you need any help.


DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: September 9th, 1971
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Venue: Hampton Roads Coliseum

Title: None

Label: A Spider_Web Torrent (sharing party)
Source: SB (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Size: 408 MB
Length: 96:15:587

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Immigrant Song
102. Heartbreaker
103. Since I've Been Loving You
104. Black Dog
105. Dazed And Confused

CD 2:
201. Stairway To Heaven
202. Celebration Day
203. That's The way
204. Going To California
205. What Is And What Should Never Be
206. Moby Dick


LINK:
(1) 1971-09-09 Hampton, VA (SB Master/Sider_Web)


This is a "Spider_Web torrent" share where he asked people to keep the file set intact as he originally uploaded it (like the recently uploaded 1969-04-27 master soundboard I uploaded).  However, I never got the original file set he shared and my copy came from a file set that had already been altered.  The music had not been altered, just the file set by naming of the files and similar things like that.  So this time, I cannot upload it as it was originally shared and I did go ahead and do the extras like embedding the metadata into the tracks and organizing things the way I like to make my uploads.

All thanks goes to "Spider_Web" for sharing this master copy.

Unfortunately, and like many other recordings of Led Zeppelin concerts, this is not the complete show.  And "Immigrant Song" cuts in as it is already playing just like "Moby Dick" cuts out before it end.  But thankfully, we have what we have and it really sounds excellent and rocks too.  I'm going to have to check because I cannot recall, but I don't think there are any audience recordings of this show circulating or any copies of the show that make it more complete.

If you are a Led Zeppelin fan, then you should get this show if you do not already have it.  And if you do have it, this copy will likely be an upgrade if you have it on some other label or lower generation copy too.

I hope you enjoy the show...
 
Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment