Monday, February 9, 2015

The Eagles: 1976-02-02 Osaka, Japan (FLAC_AUD 2nd Gen_2 CD)

I wanted to upload this convert on its 39th anniversary a week ago, but it was the day I got busy and I don't think I got to upload any shows.  So here it is just a week late.

This is an excellent audience recording of The Eagles in Osaka in 1976 and the show sounds as good as the performance does.  I've been listening to it the past half hour and the taper did a really excellent job of capturing an excellent mix in the recording too.

Thanks goes out to "filippo" for sharing this gem over on Dime not too long ago.  Every copy I had ever had of this recording (a) didn't sound as good as this 2nd Gen copy and (b) turned up testing lossy or was just shared as an mp3.  It took me years to finally come across a true lossless copy of this show.  But the wait was worth it too!

LINEAGE:
2nd Gen Maxell XLII S 90 cassette tapes (normal bias) > Teac V-480 cassette deck > Zoom H1 digital recorder (44/16 WAV) > CD Wave Editor (presumably to track) > TLH >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: The Eagles
Date: February 2nd, 1976
Location: Osaka, Japan
Venue: Festival Hall

Title: Fly Far East - 2nd Gen Ver. (not the 2nd Gen artwork
)
Label: None
Source: AUD (2nd Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (another boot label's art supplied in torrent download)
Size: 637 MB
Length: 112:58:19

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Take It Easy
102. Outlaw Man
103. Doolin' Dalton ~ Desperado
104. Turn To Stone
105. Lyin' Eyes
106. You Never Cry Like A Lover
107. Take It To The Limit
108. Desperado
109. Midnight Flyer
110. Already Gone

CD 2:
201. One Of These Nights
202. Too Many Hands
203. Good Day In Hell
204. Witchy Woman
205. Rocky Mountain Way
206. James Dean
207. The Best Of My Love
208. Funk #49
209. Tequila Sunrise

LINK:
(1) 1976-02-02 Osaka, Japan (AUD 2nd Gen)


I think the taper must have been up close in the seating in Festival Hall to capture such a great recording of the show.  The show looks great when viewing the waveform and there is absolutely no clipping of any audio.  In fact, there is a lot of room left to work with the audio and bring out some changes moving it up to a superb copy if you know how to do it right.  I'd love to see a Winston Remasters copy of this concert.  Personally, I'm not making any changes and I'm leaving the unaltered show just as it sounds.

There is a little hiss, but it is very low and not an issue at all.  The natural mix sounds great and all instruments and vocals are evenly heard.  That alone is a big advantage to some copies I've heard (likely from higher generation sources and too much uneducated altering of the audio).

I don't know at the moment how many Japanese shows The Eagles played in 1976 on their Japan leg of their tour.  But I do have a few and may have even uploaded one before from a different date?  Over time, I will share those shows too.

I hope you enjoy this show..

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment