Saturday, February 7, 2015

Led Zeppelin: 1975-02-08 Philadelphia, PA (FLAC_AUD Source 1_2 CD)

This is an audience recording from 40 years ago tomorrow of Led Zeppelin's night in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on February 8, 1975.  This is a great-to-excellent audience recording too.

The CDDA/MPEG test (checking for lossiness) I did gives mixed results.  But this should not be from this being a lossy recording and should be from Electric Magic's processing of the audio most likely.

This show was released before lossy audio was even a factor and the source I got it from is a reputable source and would not willingly have shared a lossy file set either.  So I am not worried about that.  And since these two discs came from the Electric Magic silver CD's and were ripped with EAC, again, I'm not concerned with it being lossy.  Without a full frequency analysis and spectral analysis of the frequencies and graphs, which is something I still cannot seem to get help on in learning to make good sense of correctly, there is no way for me to tell with 100% certainty right now.

I just did a TLD CDDA test on the unaltered audio in a first generation recording I also have of this show and source and it shows the audio is definitely not MPEG based or lossy audio.  So this same source (Source 1) recording from Electric Magic is most likely going to have altered TLH CDDA test results (see file I always include of testing) results from processing the audio like I already mentioned.  While there is no audio clipping in the waveform for the Electric Magic copy, they may have compressed or limited the audio to avoid this or just EQ'ed it in such a way it cut out frequencies making the audio test look all over the place.  Whatever the case may be, the show still sounds great-to-excellent and is very enjoyable!

LINEAGE:
Electric Magic silver CD's > EAC > WAV > FLAC >
me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: February 8th, 1975
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Venue: The Spectrum

Title: The Spectrum

Label: Electric Magic
Source: AUD (Source 1)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Size: 820 MB
Length: 154:17:12

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Rock And Roll
102. Sick Again
103. Over The Hills And Far Away
104. In My Time Of Dying
105. The Song Remains The Same
106. The Rain Song
107. Kashmir

108. No Quarter
109. Trampled Underfoot

CD 2:

201. Moby Dick
202. Dazed And Confused
203. Stairway To Heaven
204. Whole Lotta Love
205. Black Dog

206. Heartbreaker

LINK:
(1) 1975-02-08 Philadelphia, PA (AUD Source 1/Electric Magic)


I was going to upload the first generation Source 1 recording today instead of the Electric Magic label copy.  But since I am torrenting it, I had the Electric Magic label copy ready to go, and I really, really have to do some hard drive cleaning up and backing up of data (running low on disc space), I am just going ahead and uploading what I originally had planned too.

This Electric Magic recording also uses the Source 1 recording for their release.  It's easy to tell as the show begins and sounds a little muffled as the taper either drops or is preparing their microphone(s) and equipment.  The Electric Magic recording is about three minutes longer too than the first generation copy.  I have not done a deep comparison of the two recordings yet to see what the extra time may have on it.  It may be nothing more that crowd chatter during the encore or it may be extra music?  I just don't know, but this is the longer recording I am uploading today.

I hope you enjoy this show..

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment