Friday, January 2, 2015

Grateful Dead: 1972-11-22 Austin, TX (FLAC_SB 1st Gen Reel_3 CD)

I know very little about the Grateful Dead and have not really listened to a lot of their music through the years.  It isn't that I don't like them or anything like that.  While I may not know the names of their songs, I can usually pick one out when I hear it.  But thanks to FM radio, I likely have only heard their commonly played songs because I've never bought any of their music other than on CD I bough for a friend as a birthday gift over 10 years ago.

I'm uploading this excellent soundboard tonight for a few reasons.  One reason is, it's something different for me.  But it's also nice sounding as I listen to it on the PC's Bose speakers as I prepare it.  I like to change things up sometimes and listen to something I've never heard and have no real idea of what to expect from it.  And this show fits that category tonight!  It has excellent stereo separation and a bluesy county kind of sound to it and is sounding very nice right now.  Also, this was shared on Dime just a few hours ago and it was easy to get and prepare for uploading here too.  Thanks goes to "helm555" for sharing it on Dime.

LINEAGE:
SB > master reel > reel >
Tascam DA-20 DAT (48 kHz) > Tascam SS-R05 > Samplitude Professional v11.2 > FLAC > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed  metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Grateful Dead
Date: November 22nd, 1972
Location: Austin, Texas
Venue: Municipal Auditorium
Title: None

Label: Charlie Miller (transferring/mastering)
Source: SB (1st Gen Reel)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 3
Artwork: No
Size: 912 MB
Length: 177:18:66

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Sugaree
102. Mexicali Blues
103. Loser
104. Black Throated Wind
105. China Cat Sunflower ->
106. I Know You Rider
107. Beat It On Down The Line
108. Candyman
109. El Paso
110. Bird Song
111. Playing In The Band

CD 2:
201. Casey Jones
202. Greatest Story Ever Told
203. He's Gone ->
204. Truckin' ->
205. Drums ->
206. The Other One ->
207. Stella Blue
208. Big River
209. Ramble On Rose

CD 3:
301. Sugar Magnolia
302. Brokedown Palace
303. Around And Around
304. One More Saturday Night
305. Uncle John's Band

LINK:
(1) 1972-11-22 Austin, TX (SB 1st Gen)

These notes were in the text file:
-- All disc changes are seamless
-- This source has the drop out in Brokedown fixed
-- Thanks to David Gans for supplying the Dat
-- There were fades after most of the tracks which sucked
-- This is the same source that circulates but is a better transfer/mastering

The sound changes a little at times and a little more hiss is present and then disappears on the recording.  This seems to just be at the beginning of the show.  I'm well over halfway through the concert now and the sound is very pure and stable and has been trouble free as far as I notice.  Even when the hiss is present, it is not bad at all.  It also was mentioned in the post on Dime that the first song in the show, "Promised Land", is missing.  I'm not sure why?

Since I know little to nothing about the Dead or this show, I'm not going to make up stuff to type here.  The show sounds excellent-to-superb and if you are a fan, or if you just want to check out something different too and like awesome recordings, then you will like this one.

I have a few Zeppelin shows I promised to upload and I also plan on uploading some Hendrix shows too real soon.  This is just a different kind of upload I felt like making.  If you want to hear more Dead, then let me know over on Facebook or in a comment here.  I have about four or five shows of them (all 1960's to 1970's) and there are a lot more out there that are available.  In fact, there are tons available but I just haven't collected many.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment