Thursday, December 4, 2014

Ten Years After: 1972-12-04 Seattle, WA (FLAC_AUD Master_2 CD)

Here is an excellent-to-superb sounding Ten Years After concert being shared today 42 years after it happened.  I figured I'd share it here on my site today since it is its 42nd anniversary.  This is a JEMS recording and transfer and they almost always get the best recordings.  And these guys know audio too.

LINEAGE:
(1) Lineage: Master reels @ full track mono > Tandberg Model 11 > Wavelab 96/24 1ch mono > WAV 44.1/16 2ch mono > FLAC
> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you
(2) Taping Gear: Tandberg Model 11 R2R deck & Sony ECM-22P microphobe

Taped and transferred by: JEMS


DETAILS:
Artist: Ten Years After
Date: December 4th, 1972
Location: Seattle, Washington
Venue:
Seattle Center Arena
Title: None

Label: JEMS
Source: AUD (Master Reels)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Size: 308 MB
Length: 91:48:03

SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. intro
102. One Of These Days
103. Silly Thing
104. You Give Me Loving
105. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
106. Rock & Roll Music To The World
107. Hobbit
108. Standing At The Station
109. Turned Off TV Blues
110. Crossroads

CD 2:
201. Classical Thing
202. Scat Thing
203. I Can't Keep From Crying Sometimes
204. I'm Going Home
205. Choo Mama
206. Sweet Little Sixteen

LINK:
(1) 1972-12-04 Seattle, WA (JEMS AUD Master)


I've had this concert for a while but had really forgotten about it.  I've never heard the whole show and I am listening now as I write up this post.  In fact, I may take a break right now and go sit on the couch and just jam out for a while.  It helps to have actually listened to the show first before you talk about it anyhow!

It must have been something to have been able to have seen shows like this one and to have recorded the classic concerts (or modern day then) in past years.  I know I'd have been doing it too had I been old enough back then.  But when you see the gear in the images below, you see we have it so easy nowadays compared to sneaking equipment in back in the early 1970's.

This concert is really tight sounding.  The band is in fine shape and sounds great on this night.  They were playing at the Seattle Center Arena according to JEMS.  I'm not sure if this is the same as the Seattle Center Coliseum or if that name followed in the following year.  They're likely the same place.

This really is an incredible show and an incredible job of recording and transferring  the show by JEMS!

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment