Thursday, December 4, 2014

Rory Gallagher: 1976-12-04 Boston, MA (FLAC_AUD Master_1 CD)

This is the 38th anniversary of this superb sounding Rory Gallagher concert tonight.  He was an opening act for Dave Mason on this night.  This is a superb stereo recording and one of the Dan Lampinski master audience recordings too.

Had I not missed a step in my normal procedures I go back making these uploads (checking for existing metadata), well, I could have saved some time and just uploaded the file set the way it was because the work was already done.  But since I went ahead an reinvented the wheel on this one...

LINEAGE:
Lampinski master cassette > Nakamichi CR-3A cassette deck with azimuth correction > M-Audio Firewire Audiophile 24/96 > CDWAV 24/96 WAV files > Goldwave (normalizing and crossfades) > CDWAV (track breaks) > dBpowerAMP Audio Converter (24/96 WAV converted to 16/44 WAV) > FLAC Front End (FLAC 8 with sector boundary alignment) > FLAC files tagged with Foobar2000 Live Show Tagger > no EQ'ing.
> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossines) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

*
Mastered and FLAC'ed by Carl Morstadt (dantalion8@yahoo.com)

DETAILS:
Artist: Rory Gallagher
Date: December 4th, 1976
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Venue: Boston Music Hall

Label: Dan Lampinski Masters
Ttile: Boston MA 4 December 1976
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes (2 sets of artwork and full artwork in download)
Size: 403MB
Length: 56:45:49

SETLIST:

01. I Take What I Want
02. Moonchild
03. Garbage Man (Where's My Baby Gone?)
04. Tattoo'd Lady
05. Secret Agent
06. Calling Card
07. Souped Up Ford (spliced)
08. E: Bullfrog Blues


LINK:
(1) 1976-12-04 Boston, MA (Dan Lampinski Master)


Dan
Lampinski recorded over 100 shows mostly throughout the 1970's and in the Boston, Massachusetts and Providence, Rhode Island venues.  He was not a tape trader and recorded his high quality shows for himself.  In 2009 Lampinski's tapes started being shared as he learned of the trading communities and passion for music and recording by others that exists today.  He allowed his master tapes to be transferred and those helping with the projects also created some really excellent, high resolution artwork to go with the releases.  I'm not sure how many tapes altogether were released, but I got most if not practically all of them myself.  I believe I skipped a few artists I had no interest in.  And I kind of wish I hadn't now too.  But they're likely still out there to be found if I ever want to get them.

As I mentioned, this Rory Gallagher concert was an opening act for Dave Mason.  I've not collected much Dave Mason but a lot has started surfacing again lately since he is touring and I have gotten some older 1970's Mason shows.  I don't believe I have the Lampinski master recording of that show and I may try to find it too.

As you'll hear in this recording, Lampinski was a superb taper and an audiophile too.  The waveform on this show's audio looks perfect and spotless.  And that doesn't happen by accident either.

All thanks for this recording go to Dan Lampinski and the others who have helped get his shows into circulation.  It was a nice breath of fresh tape to hear and get so many classic rock shows that had been perfectly preserved for many decades and then released out of generosity and enjoyment!

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment