Saturday, December 6, 2014

Fleetwood Mac: 1975-12-06 New Orleans, LA (FLAC_AUD Master_1 CD)

This show occurred 39 years ago today in New Orleans.  I was pretty young, and definitely too young to be able to go to the show alone, but I did live in the outskirts of New Orleans and recall hearing talk of this show on WRNO AM.  What a long time agao that was.

LINEAGE:
Freezer master tape > CD-R > EAC > WAV > Multi frontend v0.983 beta (level 6)  > FLAC 
> me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossines) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Fleetwood Mac
Date: December 6th, 1975
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Venue: Warehouse

Label: Freezer (Master)
Title: Fleetwood Mac Live December 6, 1975 New Orleans, LA
Source: AUD (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes (full artwork in download)
Size: 481 MB
Length: 70:08:44

SETLIST:

01. Spare Me A Little
02. Rhiannon
03. Why
04. Landslide
05. Over My Head
06. I'm So Afraid
07. Go Your Own Way
08. Oh Well
09. Green Manalishi
10. World Turning ~ drum solo ~ World Turning (reprise)
11. Blue Letter
12. Don't Let Me Down Again
13. Hypnotized


LINK:
(1) 1976-12-06 New Orleans, LA (Freezer Master AUD)


This is a Freezer (the taper) recording and he is known to have recorded a number of New Orleans area concerts back in the day.

The waveform looks excellent with no audio clipping at all.  It has been a long time since I've listened to this show.  It sounds excellent too.  But I was thinking there was something in the audio that at times made it a little "less excellent".  However, as I am listening to the various tracks as I prepare this upload they are sounding excellent.  Sometimes, and even though I'm using Bose PC speakers too, audio issues aren't as noticeable  listening through the PC as they are when listening through the Denon receiver and Boston Acoustic speakers in the living room.  But what I'm hearing now sounds excellent!

One last thought on the sound issues I was expecting to hear (or so I thought).  I think I had another recording of this show from another source and I likely still do on a CD-R somewhere around the house.  My list is so far behind and has been since 2007 that it is not as helpful as it once was.  I keep updating it but it only has about 1/10th of what I have today and I'm not going to spend the next hour looking for a CD-R I may or may not have to confirm what I'm thinking.  But I do think that the "phantom CD" may have been the recording that sounded great but still had audio issues.  The issues were something like a distortion, crackling noise, or maybe I'm just remembering things wrong?  The waveform for this copy being uploaded now indicated there should be zero distortion.  And Freezer is another one of the tapers well known for great taping and storage of his masters correctly.

The crowd noise is a little noisy at times, like during :"Landslide", but it is nothing too much.  The crowd keeps yelling "sit down" around this part of the show.  It's a little annoying, but at the same time it puts you right there in the audience just like it would've sounded in 1975 too.  This is sounding like a very enjoyable show to me the more I listen to it.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment