Friday, October 3, 2014

Rush: 1977-12-10 Hollywood, FL (FLAC_AUD 1st Gen_2 CD)

This is an excellent show from Rush on their tour not too many good recordings exist (so far) from.  This was Rush's A Farewell To Kings Tour, also known as the "Drive 'Til You Die Tour" too.  The band had just finished their All The World's A Stage Tour on 1977-06-13 and were back on the road again with their A Farewell To Kings Tour by 1977-08-23 (or a little over two months later) which went through 1978-05-28 when they finally took a few months break.  Looking at their tour dates from previous and post tours around this show, I can easily see why the tour had the band calling it the "Drive 'Til You Die Tour" too :-)

LINEAGE:
Master tape > cassette > unknown digital transfer to SHN > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Rush
Date: December 10th, 1977
Location: Hollywood, Florida
Venue: The Sportatorium

Label: DRE/Rubicon
Title: Canadian Bacon - Platinum Edition

Source: AUD (1st Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes (complete artwork in download)
Size: 595 MB
Length: 90:37:35

SETLIST:
CD 1:

101. Bastille Day
102. Lakeside Park
103. By-Tor And The Snow Dog
104. Xanadu
105.
A Farewell To Kings
106.
Something For Nothing
107. Cygnus X-1

CD 2:

201. Anthem
202. Closer To The Heart

203. 2112
204. Working Man
205. Fly By Night
206. In The Mood

207. Neil Peart (drum solo)

LINK:
(1) 1977-12-10 Canadian Bacon - Platinum Edition

For some reason, the taper did not record the final song of the night which was the encore song "Cinderella Man".  What a terrible shame!  That is not a common live song.  I'm a little rusty on Rush dates and songs right now (I've been concentrating so much on my Zeppelin lately), but I do know "Cinderella Man" isn't heard live very often if at all.  I'll have to research a little more and update if I can find a date "Cinderella Man" was played because I seem to recall it was recorded at some point in some show I have.

The audio sounds really excellent in this Florida venue too.  There are a few small tape problems but they soon fade and the recording is very enjoyable.  As the person I got this show from had noted, it sounds a little distant but it is really clear and the band can be heard very easily and clearly too.

I have some other 1977 Rush shows that also sound great and I will be uploading some of them before long.  I think I may have uploaded one a year or two ago already.  This is a lovely show from my listening through headphones and my PC's Bose speakers (the $100 kind...not the $100's or $1000's type mind you) and I'm preparing it right now for a transfer to CD-R's and plan to be cranking it up in the next hour or two.

By the way; in case you're wondering what makes this the Platinum Edition as opposed to the first Canadian Bacon release that wasn't platinum. it is the lineage and better sound.  I don't know what the lineage was on the first circulated version.  And with the lack of real detail on this lineage currently, the only thing I do know is it was sourced from the master (which has been lost) and it is a first generation, cleaner and better sounding transfer of the audio and is an upgrade.  So now you know as much as me now.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment