Saturday, September 13, 2014

Led Zeppelin: Stairway Sessions (1970/1971) (FLAC_SB/Studio_1 CD)

As I was just talking with a friend over on Facebook, I realized I really haven't added any studio sessions or outtakes in a long, long, long time.  I've pretty much just been uploading live shows.  So I'm going to upload a fast and easy one here from the circa 1970/1971 Led Zeppelin studio sessions.  I better upload it now because who knows what will become official in a month when the new Led Zeppelin (IV) set is released?  I'm sure it would be better quality than these, however, these are excellent-to-superb too.  I have much better recordings in other sets of some of these same songs.  But these will do just fine.  Besides, I may need to pull them in a month anyhow?

These tracks were recorded in Bron-Y-Aur Cottage in 1970 and in Headley Grange Studio in 1971.  Led Zeppelin actually lived at the house where the studio was as they were putting Led Zepelin (IV) together.  So it wasn't like getting up and going to the studio to work when they were doing these recordings.  It was more like sitting in the living room, with their brandy, and recording at 2 AM in a lot of cases we know.  And now that I'm listening to the CD I'm remembering this is a heck of a lot better sounding than I first remembered.  These are superb recordings so far!

LINEAGE:
SIRA silver CD > dB Power Amp > FLAC > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > TLH (to check for SBE's and create ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: 1970/1971
Location: England
Venue: Bron-Y-Aur Cottage & Headley Grange Studio
Source: SB/Studio
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes
Label: Silver Rarities
Title: Stairway Sessions
Size: 307 MB

SETLIST:
01. Stairway To Heaven (instrumental outtake)
02. blues guitar outtake 1
03. blues guitar outtake 2
04. Black Dog (outtakes with different lyrics)
05. No Quarter (outtake)
06. Stairway To Heaven (outtake 2)
07. electric guitar blues (outtake)
08. Stairway To Heaven (outtake 3 with vocals)
09. Stairway To Heaven (first time played through & with altered lyrics)
10. Hey Hey What Can I Do (outtake) (Actually is "I'm Gonna Be Her Man")
11. various guitar instrumentals & vocals (outtakes)


LINK:
(1) Stairway Sessions (1970/1971)

It's been way too long since I've listen to these tracks and I'm really enjoying them.  Hearing how songs were constructed well before they ever made it to an album, sometimes with different lyrics and/or instrument playing, is really awesome!  Back in the 1990's I got tons of CD's from rarities type record stores with these same tracks and many others on them.  So I've heard them a thousand times if I've heard them once.  But after not listening to them for a long time, it's almost like hearing them for the first time.  And Silver Rarities has some excellent-to-superb copies of the tracks too.  This is definitely a superb sounding recording to me, and even if I have some songs sounding better on other studio sets I have, the overall rating of this whole set is superb!  It was much better than I recalled...that is for sure!

I may be uploading some more silver CD rips of studio sessions soon?  It kind of makes me wonder...sure does :-)

One last paragraph here with a question.  What would you rather see me upload?  More live shows, more soundboards, more studio sessions, or more videos?  Let me know if you have a preference.  And as anyone who's already made a request knows, I honor the request and upload what is being requested.  So what do you have to loose by putting your two cents into the pot.  While all that glitters is not gold, a lot of it is! 

I hope you enjoy the concert...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment