Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Led Zeppelin: 1970-09-02 Oakland, CA (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

Here's a show I don't see too often but one that has been out in the trading circles for decades.  It's an excellent recording of a Led Zeppelin show from Oakland Coliseum in 1970 and it was jut two days before the superb 1970-09-04 recordings of the band's LA Forum show (aka Blueberry Hill) were made.  I haven't heard this show in years myself.  But as I was looking around on a PC last night I came across it again and was listening to it for a while.  So I decided to go ahead and upload it here today.  I really love these California setlists that were short lived on Led Zeppelin's 1970 tour.

LINEAGE:
Electric Magic silver CD's > EAC (Secure) > WAV > SHN > me > TLH (to decode as WAV and test for lossiness) > Audacity (to embed metadata/song titles and info into files and re-ncode) > FLAC 6 > TLH (to reconfirm project is error free and to create and verify new md5 & ffp files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: September 2nd, 1970
Location: Oakland, California
Venue: Oakland Coliseum
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: Electric Magic
Title: Another Night On Blueberry Hill

Size: 802 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. introduction
102. Immigrant Song
103. Heartbreaker
104. Dazed And Confused
105.
Bring It On Home
106. That's The Way
107. Bron-Y-Aur
108. Since I've Been Loving You
109. John Paul Jones (organ solo intro)
110. Thank You

CD 2:

201. What Is And What Should Never Be
202. Moby Dick
203. Whole Lotta Love
204. Communication Breakdown/Good Times Bad Times
205. Train Kept A Rollin'

206. Blueberry Hill
207. Long Tall Sally

LINKS:
(1) 1970-09-02 Oakland, CA (Electric Magic)
(2) 1970-09-02 Oakland, CA (Electric Magic)


The show starts out a little muffled as the taper seems to be getting the levels right and things set up, but it soon improves.  The recording has an excellent range of sound.  In other words, it's not all distorted with too much bass or too much high end and flat sounding.  But it does have some slight distortion on some of the heavier parts and I'm thinking that is a result of the taper's equipment used.  I can't say for sure because I don't know what Electric Magic did to the show before they pressed it to silver discs.  But I did notice the waveform looked like the audio was likely amplified with some clipping (kind of like "going out of bounds").  Whether the original taper did this or the label did, I really can't say.  But labels are notorious for doing this type of thing too as they mess with the sound before they press their discs.  But it still is an great-to-excellent recording of another superb performance and one any Zeppelin fan should enjoy a lot.

I have another copy of this show titled "Two Days Before" from the Silver Rarities label.  I got it in the 1990's in a CD trade and really loved it too.  I haven't compared it yet to the version I'm uploading here, but from what I remember they both seem to sound about the same and are likely from the same source.  I'll find "Two Days Before" when I have time and be sure they're the same source.  And if it winds up being there is any improvement in "Two Days Before" or if it is from another source (I'm not sure how many sources there may be at this time), I'll upload it too.

I hope you enjoy the concert...


Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!

  THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!



No comments:

Post a Comment