Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Firm: 1985-03-23 Austin, TX (FLAC_AUD Possible 1st Gen_2 CD)

Here's an excellent capture of the Austin The Firm show 29 years ago tonight.  This is a great show, excellent audience recording, but it is incomplete.  My guess is the taper ran out of tape?

I was going to go to this show myself but was unable to make it due to my job (and the 200+ mile drive from Houston).  I'm hoping to find a recording some day of the Houston show from an audience perspective too.  I was at that show but didn't have any taping equipment to record it myself at the time unfortunately.

LINEAGE:
Nak 680ZX > Edirol R-09 24/96 > SD Card > Mac HD > Audacity 1.3.12
(for downsampling to 16/44 & tracking) > xAct 1.71 (to fix SBE's, output as FLAC 7, & create ffp file) > Vuze 5.2 (for torrent creation)


DETAILS:
Artist: The Firm
Date: March 23rd, 1985
Location: Austin, Texas
Venue: Frank Erwin Center
Source:AUD (possibly 1st Gen)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Label: None
Title: None
Size: 575 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. intro
102. Closer
103. City Sirens
104. Make Or Break
105. The Morning After
106. Together
107. Cadillac
108. Prelude > Money Can't Buy
109. Radioactive
110. Live In Peace
111. Midnight Moonlight
112. You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling

CD 2:
201. bass solo > The Chase
202. guitar solo & drum solo
203. I Just Want To Make Love To You (Foghat cover)
204. Full Circle

ADDITIONAL SONGS ON SB BUT NOT AUD VERSION:
205. Someone To Love
206. Cut Loose
207. Boogie Mama
208. Everybody Needs Someone To Love

FileFactory Links
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/39931chgzxe9/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/38nlrdnhhl9t/

The person who recently shared this show on Dime mentioned they believe it may be a 1st generation copy from the master tape.  But they didn't know for sure.  It sounds very much like it could have been too.  It's obvious the taper didn't get the complete show (or at least share it).  I uploaded the superb soundboard of this show a while back and it has the the full, complete show and can be found here on my site.  This recording is one you should still enjoy even if you have the soundboard version too.  The soundboard version for this Austin 1985 show can be found here.

I was going to upload the partial Houston soundboard from the previous night last night, but I got busy and never got to do it.  If anyone wants that one too, just leave me a comment and I'll upload it when I get a chance (soon).

I hope you enjoy this night from 1985...

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

 KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment