Thursday, January 2, 2014

Journey: 2004-02-14 San Antonio, TX (FLAC_Bootradr Master AUD_2 CD)

Here is the show that made me grow my hair long again!  It was a little over two year after my eye surgeries left me legally blind, I was broke due to not being able to work, and I had a choice.  I could either go get a haircut or go see Journey.  Doesn't sound like much of a choice does it?  After going to the show, and still being broke too, I decided I didn't need a haircut after all.  It just make me wish I hadn't already cut it off in 1998!

This show was the main event at San Antonio's 55th Annual Stock Show & Rodeo.  My buddy, "digital_journey", called me up and asked if I felt like riding down to San Antonio to go see Journey.  The tickets were super cheap (more than $15...thanks "digital_journey" for covering me) and the show was excellent.  The recording came out really good too.  Even better than I recalled as I listened to some of it before ripping it with EAC today.


LINEAGE:
(1. 2006) Sony MZ70 recorder @ 44.1 kHz, 16 bit WAV audio with a Sony ECM-917 external microphone > transferred to PC via an analog (stereo) cable (no digital output on recorder) > tracked with fade in/outs and named using Easy Media Creator 5 > burned to my master CD-R's & stored on external PC hard drive in WAV format > external hard drive crashed in 2010 >
(2. 2014-01-01) Master CD-R's > EAC (Secure) > Trader's Little Helper (for md5 and ffp file creation, testing for SBE's...none found, for encoding to FLAC 6, and for torrent files creation and verifications > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: February 12th, 2004
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Venue: SBC Center
Event: 55th Annual Stock Show & Rodeo
Source: AUD Master
Format: FLAC
CDs: 2
Artwork: No (Just my ticket scan...feel free to make some high resolution art and share it here)
Label: Bootradr Master
Title: Rodeo Days
Size: 481 MB

SETLIST:
101. opening music
102. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
 
103. Stone In Love
104. Wheel In The Sky
105. Star Spangled Banner
106. Chain Reaction
107. Lights
108.
Open Arms

CD 2:
201. Mother, Father
202. Precious Time

203. Ask The Lonely
204. Don't Stop Believin'
205. Escape
206. Be Good To Yourself
207. Anyway You Want It
208. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' (almost complete/disc change)
 
209. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' (last 60 seconds approximately)
210. Faithfully

211. closing announcer
 
FileFactory Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/71vblugivkdh/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/7dqrghscngb/

Dime Torrent - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=477409
NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime.  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Go to http://www.dimeadozen.org for their home page.  And remember to keep your sharing ratio at 0.25% or higher so as to not get banned.  It's a much faster download almost always!  Now, back to the original blog post.


I need to listen back to where this occurred, but somewhere around "Chain Reaction" an SBC Center security guard came up and asked if I had a microphone.  I just ignored him, partially because I wanted him to leave, but also partially because I couldn't see him.  He gave me some flack (not the the good FLAC) and I tried to use the blind thing to ward him off.  It worked, and I think he came back again, but after that he left me alone and I just recorded the whole time.  As far as I was concerned, he was out of sight, out of mind!  I'm just glad I didn't get kicked out and was able to record the whole concert really.

One thing different about this show than other shows I've been to was the rotating stage.  SBC Center, now called AT&T Center I believe, was an indoor "do,me" type of structure from what little I could see.  My buddy took 41 photos.  Unfortunately, the camera didn't do the best of jobs.  I don't think there were any camera phones back then (thank God) and this was likely done with a 2 - 4 megapixel camera.  I'll add a few to the bottom of this post to give you an idea (zoomed in of course) of what the stage looked like.

Just typing this takes me back to that great trip.  We're only 6 weeks away from it being 10 years ago right now.  My how time flies.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy this concert because there are many more to come...


Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment