Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Journey: 1986-12-31 Long Beach, CA (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

This is a show from the New Year's Eve 1986/1987 Journey show in Long Beach.  It's a very good audience recording and one I've had a few versions of through the years.  This show would have been 27 years ago last night.

LINEAGE:
CD-R trade > EAC > FLAC Frontend > shared on Dime and downloaded by me > WAV > TLH to test for MPEG (100% CDDA), align sector boundaries, re-encode as FLAC 6, and create and test all files for upload > you


DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: December 31st, 1986
Location: Long Beach, California
Venue: Long Beach Arena
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Label: None
Title: New Year's Eve
Size: 741 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:

101. intro
102. Only The Young
103. Stone In Love
104. Anyway You Want It
105. Steve Perry (talk)
106. Girl Can't Help It
107. Send Her My Love

108. I'll Be Alright Without You
109. Strung Out
110. Neal Schon (guitar solo)
111. Suzanne
112. Wheel In The Sky
113. Be Good To Yourself
114. Randy Jackson / Michael Baird (bass/drum solos)


CD 2:

201. Ask The Lonely
202. Jonathan Cain (keyboard solo)
203. Who's Crying Now
204. Oh Sherrie
205. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' (Intro)
206. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
207. Jailhouse Rock
208. Jailhouse Rock (end)
209. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
210. bootlegger saying "5 minute to 1987..."
211. 1987 countdown/Auld Lange Syne
212. Don't Stop Believin'
213. Stand By Me
214. Lights
215. Reach Out For Me
216. Faithfully


FileFactory Links:

Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/2wyupo1pp7j7/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/v50l44nqq5v/

I believe this may be the first 1986 show I've uploaded of Journey?  It is also most likely the last good sounbding recording of a live Journey show with Steve Perry.  Little did the fans (and maybe even the band) know this; but as of February 1987, after finishing off the Raised on Radio tour, the band disappeared and didn't resurface until 1996 when they all got together and surprised Journey fans with a new CD titled Trial By Fire.  Again, they didn't launch into a tour and singer Steve Perry was given an ultimatum and left the band for good.  In 1998, after new Journey lead vocalist Steve Augeri joined the band, Journey was on the road again and has been ever since.

I do have either one or two shows after this one as Journey finished up their 1986/87 tour.  They are audience recordings, but sadly, they sound bad at best.  The show(s) are from Hawaii and were just very poor audience recordings.  One I still have on cassette tape and have never transferred to CD.  The other should be somewhere around here on a CD.  I may upload these some day?

I mentioned having a few copies of this show.  I chose this one because it most likely sounds the best.  I have one other copy that sounds even better.  It was a 1999 remastering I did of my copy of the show I had in those days.  The only problem is I obviously clipped the audio by amplifying the recording just a little too much.  It sounds really great, but as you listen through the different songs, there is a slight static/popping in louder parts of the show and nobody wants that on their recording.  I may be able to fix the errors and plan on trying one day because the recording sounds that much better than any other I believe.  The copy I'm not uploading doesn't have any sector boundary errors, which cause popping sounds on CD's and other CD quality methods of listening to the audio.  The problem is solely in my mastering and over amplification as I was doing my EQ work on the show.  Besides, this copy sounds very good anyhow and it will be enjoyable to Journey fans I'm sure.

I hope everyone is off to a great 2014 and I hope you enjoy the Long Beach New Year's Eve show too...


Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment