Monday, January 6, 2014

Journey: 1986-10-09 Detroit, MI (FLAC_SB/FM_2 CD)

Out of the five or so copies I have of this show, this one is currently the best.  It's an excellent, and more complete recording of a show Journey did that was aired live via satellite transmission to Japan.  This recording, full lineage unknown, was recorded by someone in Japan it seems because the radio announcer girl is speaking Japanese with a small amount of English as she introduces the show and as she comments a few times throughout it.  I've had this exact version of the show since the 1990's, but after listening to my copy yesterday, I realized this one is so much better and has a much lower lineage if it is from the same exact source that recorded mine.

Before I lost a 1 TB hard drive I didn't have backed up around 2010, I did have another version of this show that sounded even better.  I realized this morning as I was going through the different versions of the show I have, the even better version was not a version I had anymore.  What a bummer!

Thanks goes to "RockNBear" for sharing this version on Dime.  I left their EAC text files and original text file intact and put them into a folder named "original uploader's files".

LINEAGE:

CD-R > EAC > FLAC 8 > Dime (my download) > manually named tracks with song titles > Trader's Little Helper (for new md5 and an ffp file creation, testing for lossiness and for SBE's...neither found, and for files verification) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: October 9th, 1986
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Venue: Joe Louis Arena
Source: SB/FM
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Label: None
Title: None
Size: 644 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Only The Young
102. Stone In Love
103. Anyway You Want It
104. Girl Can't Help It
105. Send Her My Love

106. Open Arms
107. Still They Ride
108. Strung Out
109. Suzanne

110. Lights
111. Wheel In The Sky

CD 2:
201. Neal Schon (guitar solo with some Zeppelin "Dazed and Confused" in there)
202. Raised On Radio
203. Ask The Lonely
204.
Jonathan Cain (keyboard solo)
205. Who's Crying Now
206. Oh Sherrie
207. Lovin, Touchin', Squeezin'
208. Jailhouse Rock
209. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
210. Faithfully

FileFactory Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/47syma2gvzgl/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/4xi4es6bm3et/


There are definitely a number of songs missing from this show that were recorded but not in this version being uploaded.  There's no "Don't Stop Believin'", "Be Good To Yourself", etc, etc and they definitely were played.  As with most FM broadcast shows, one city may air a more complete recording when it is played and one may broadcast a less complete version.  I'm guessing Japan does the same thing?  I have a more complete version on this PC, but two things keep me from uploading it.  First, it doesn't sound as clean  And secondly, even though it was encoded as a lossless file set, it tested as a 99% to 100% MPEG (or lossy as in mp3) copy.  Whoever that version came from likely was trying to pass it off as a high quality lossless recording and it isn't one.

I guess it's time to finish up the work on uploading this show, so in closing, and as always, I hope you enjoy this 1986 Journey concert...

UPDATE ( a few hours after the original posting):  I'm listening to this show now and I believe there may be a few sources in the recording.  It's a great recording, some parts better sounding than others, but a great one to have too.  There are a few cuts at the end of songs you can tell.  I'm not sure if it is due to whoever recorded it off-air removing commercials or if it is from the addition of another source making it a more complete show?  And if you like Journey, you will not be disappointed at all by what I'm mentioning here.  It doesn't ruin the show or anything like that!

Bootradr

SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL & MERCHANDISE TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment