Sunday, May 5, 2013

Page/Plant: 1996-03-01 Melbourne, Australia (FLAC_SB_2 CD)

This is an excellent sounding show of Jimmy Page and Robert Plant's last show on their 1995/95 world tour.  This show, after finishing up the Japan show, was the tour's finale.

Late 1995 through  this show was the better end of the tour where the songs were played much more Zeppelin sounding than they were in the United States.  I was a little disappointed after seeing them together (my first time seeing Page and Plant together) in September of 1995.  I cringed at the way they ruined "No Quarter" especially.  I still had a great time, enjoyed the show, and even got myself a t-shirt from the tour too.  But once Page and Plant hit Japan in February 1996, they'd changed their style of playing and they were playing the songs sounding like Led Zeppelin again.  I guess they figured out as they toured North America that there wasn't as much enthusiasm in the way they'd changed up a number of great songs to sound completely different than the fans were use to and wanted to hear.  Thank God!  When they returned to the United States in 1998, they didn't make the same mistake twice.

DETAILS:
Artist: Jimmy Page & Robert Plant
Date: March 1st, 1996
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Venue: Flinders Park Tennis Centre
Source: SB
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: Red Hot
Title: Back To Kindergarten
Size: 914 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
102. Bring It On Home
103. Heartbreaker
104. Ramble On
105. Going To California
106. hurdy gurdy solo
107. Gallows Pole
108. The Song Remains The Same
109. The Rain Song
110. Since I've Been Loving You
111. Whole Lotta Love (medley)
-- Night Flight
-- Light My Fire (The Doors cover)
-- Break On Through (The Doors cover)
-- Dazed And Confused

CD 2:
201. Yallah
202. Four Sticks
203. In The Evening
204. Kashmir
205. Wonderful One
206. Black Dog
207. Rock And Roll
208. The Rain Song (bonus 1996-02-29 Melbourne show track)
209. Thank You (bonus 1996-02-25 Sydney show track)

LINKS:
(1) 1996-03-01 Part 1
(2) 1996-03-01 Part 2

Like I mentioned earlier, even though I didn't like the changes the band did on some great songs in 1995, I did enjoy the show.  But the 1998 world tour was even better and the band sounded much more warmed up and like they were feeling groovy.  I kept waiting to hear Plant say "You feel alright".  And "No Quarter", even without John Paul Jones (sadly), was played the way it should have been played in North America in 1995.

This is a great show here and I got it earlier today from Dime.  If you like the band, band members, or the Zeppelin feel; you should enjoy this show I'm sure...

Bootradr



No comments:

Post a Comment