Monday, April 8, 2013

Pink Floyd: 1975-06-28 Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (FLAC_AUD Master Reel_2 CD)

This is by far one of the best audience recordings I've ever heard.  Half of the time, I forget and think I'm listening to an excellent soundboard of the show!

I got this show a long time ago (different source) on a silver CD.  It wasn't the complete show of course, but it sounded so good, I wasn't concerned with it being incomplete (then).  As the years went by and our collecting passion went from trading/mailing shows to sharing them like I am here via the internet, I saw another copy or two of the 2 CD versions of this show.  And they sounded great too.  At least one or two of them ran fast though.  But this version here, sourced from the master reel, is the best sounding version I've ever heard and the pitch and speed is spot on (perfect/correct).  I doubt there is any better recording of this show out there.

I am a little baffled as to whether this is a second source for this show or not.  I'll include the lineage below and you make the decision.

LINEAGE:
Master Reel > DAT > Sony TCD-D7 > Hard Drive > WAV > CDR > FLAC - Source #2

DETAILS:
Artist: Pink Floyd
Date: June 28th, 1975
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Venue: Ivor Wynne Stadium
Source:AUD (master reel source)
Format: FLAC
CDs: 2
Artwork: Yes
Label: none
Title: Master Reel
Size: 784 MB
Lengthe: 2 hours, 14 minutes, 30 seconds

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Raving And Drooling
102. Shine On You Crazy Diamond Pt. 1
103. Have A Cigar
104. Shine On You Crazy Diamond Pt. 2

CD 2:
201. Speak To Me
202. Breathe
203. On The Run
204. Time
205. Great Gig In The Sky
206. Money
207. Us And Them
208. Any Colour You Like
209. Brain Damage
210. Eclipse
211. instrument tuning
212. Echoes

LINKS:
(1) 1975-06-28 Hamilton, Ontario (AUD Master Reel)
(2) 1975-06-28 Hamilton, Ontario (AUD Master Reel)
(3) 1975-06-28 Hamilton, Ontario (AUD Master Reel)
(4) 1975-06-28 Hamilton, Ontario (AUD Master Reel)

This show will blow you away with the quality of the sound and recording.  I've collected an number of these superb sounding Pink Floyd 1975-06-28 audience recorded versions that are available.  Is this one the best?  I cannot tell you for sure.  But if there is a better sounding version to have surfaced, please let me know.  I really do believe this is one of the best sounding rarities to ever surface and hit the trading circles.  I listened to it once again last night and was enjoying it from beginning to end.

I hope you enjoy this show.  If you don't, then it's because you don't like Pink Floyd or you cannot hear... :-)

Bootradr


No comments:

Post a Comment