Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Feist: 2011-11-08 Dallas, TX (Bootradr Master AUD_FLAC_2 CD)

Here's my Zoom H4n digital audio recording of the Feist show.  I uploaded the complete 2 DVD video of this show a few month back.  This in NOT an audio rip from the DVD or the video camera files used to create the DVD.  It is from the completely separate source (the Zoom H4n digital audio recorder).

 Feist is an artist I have grown to really like over the last 5+ years. She is a super talented artist and I love her voice. Her music, and the way it's performed and played, can (and does) change from show to show. I like that in an artist/group. While Feist's official studio releases are very good, it's her live performances that really show her talent. This full, uncut show is from her latest tour supporting her latest album/CD "Metals" (released October 2011).

SHOW DETAILS:
Artist: Feist
Date: November 8th, 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Venue: Majestic Theatre
Source: AUD Master
Format: FLAC
CD: 2
Artwork: No (I included the tickets & a few various video snapshot scans)
Label: Bootradr Master
Title: I'll See Y'all When I See You Dallas
Size: 660 MB
Length: Approximately 1 hour, 41 minutes

LINEAGE:
Master Zoom H4n digital recorder (recorded at 48 kHz/24 bit) > PC via SD card > AVS Audio Editor (for tracking, EQ'ing, & converting to 44 kHz/16 bit audio) > Media Creator 2010 Pro (additional sound editing) > Trader's Little Helper > you

SETLIST:
CD 1:
01. Undiscovered First
02. A Commotion
03. How Come You Never Go There
04. Graveyard
05. Mushaboom
06. The Circle Married The Line
07. So Sorry
08. Anti-Pioneer
09. Bittersweet Melodies
10. My Moon My Man
11. The Bad In Each Other
12. Mountain Man

CD 2:
01. Comfort Me
02. Caught A Long Wind
03. Get It Wrong Get It Right
04. crowd <leading to encore 1>
05. Cicadas And Gulls
06. I Feel It All
07. Sealion
08. Let It Die
09. crowd <leading to encore 2>
10. Intuition

FileFactory Links:
Part 1 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/szg1nwdr02t/
Part 2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/58b3px7f9ou1/

Dime torrent - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=424484
NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime.  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Go to http://www.dimeadozen.org for their home page.  And remember to keep your sharing ratio at 0.25% or higher so as to not get banned.  It's a much faster download almost always!  

If you're interested in the 2 DVD video of the show I recorded, and if you want to grab it from Dime, here's that link (http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=407484)  Now, back to the original blog post.

This was one of my most favorite concerts that I have ever attend!

I normally like to upload my shows without EQ'ing them.  But in this case, I needed too.  The audio was good but the Zoom H4n microphones caught a flat, too heavy on bass sometimes, a little low on the highs, and a lot to be desired (by me anyhow) sound on the original wav file.  I spent a lot of time getting the sound right and I love this final, definitive version being uploaded.

One thing I want to mention is this.  No, it wasn't my birthday :-)  I say this because someone in the crowd yelled out "it's my birthday" and I've been asked a few times in private messages if that was me after other collectors watched the 2 DVD video I uploaded earlier this year.  That was not me!  I know better :-)

The crowd was excellent in regards to capturing the audio and video.  It blows me away at how quiet the audience is during the quieter moments of almost every Feist rare recording I have.  Believe me, they're enjoying it and you can hear they are from the cheering between songs.  Feist's voice and the songs are just hypnotizing and people want to hear it.  Try getting this type of crowd and most concerts.  I think I had some support from people behind me at one point saying "sit down".  I think they were looking at my video screen (as I was sitting using the arm rests to stabilize the video) and could see I was having to zoom in more than I wanted to in order to avoid some guys head about 10 rows up.

It was a great night, and I hope you enjoy this audio capture of it.  To coin another great singer's (Steve Perry) words, I was "captured by the moment and I hope it never fades away".  Putting this copy of the show out there makes this possible...

Bootradr



No comments:

Post a Comment