Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pink Floyd: 1987-11-18 Houston, TX (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

Here's a very interesting show that it took me right at 25 years to finally find.  And thanks to a few friends on Dime, I now have it!

I was at this show with a friend.  What a great night that was.  While I didn't record the show myself, thankfully, someone in the audience (somewhere) did.  This was my first Pink Floyd concert and it was their first tour after the years of battling that had been going on within the band.  This was the first tour, "A Momentary Lapse of Reason", without Roger Waters in the band anymore.  And it was a spectacular show too.

DETAILS:
Band: Pink Floyd
Location: Houston, Texas
Venue: Houston Astrodome
Date: November 18th, 1987
Label: none
Title: none (if I had the right to name it, I'd call it "Wish You Were Here...Oh Yea, I Was")
CDs: 2
Type: AUD
Artwork: No (I did add my ticket scans but I didn't record this show)

Size: 764 MB

SETLIST:
CD 1:
101. Shine On You Crazy Diamond
102. Signs Of Life

103. Learning To Fly
104. Yet Another Movie_Round And Round
105. A New Machine (Part 1)
106. Terminal Frost

107. A New Machine (Part 2)
108. Sorrow
109. Dogs OF War
110. On The Turning Away

CD 2:
201. One Of These Days
202. Time
203. On The Run
204. Wish You Were Here

205. Welcome To The Machine
206. Us And Them
207. Money
208. Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)
209. Comfortably Numb
210. One Slip
211. Run Like Hell (some type of tape issue/has sound though)

LINEAGE:
(1. unknown year...from trader's notes) Mics and recorder unknown >
cassette generation unknown (but it's got to be low) > Playback Deck: Tascam 130 > Nikko 32 Band EQ > Akai DR16 Digital Hard Disk Recorder > Sony PCM-R500 DAT Recorder > Sony DAT Tape > HHB CDR-800 Compact Disc Recorder > HHB CDR > WAV > SHN

(2. 2012) CD-R trade > Creator Pro 2010 for naming tracks & converting to FLAC > Trader's Little Helper to create and verify checksum and toirrent > you

LINKS:
Part 1 - 1987-11-18 Houston Astrodome
Part 2 - 1987-11-18 Houston Astrodome

Dime Torrent - http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=416048
NOTE: I created a torrent and posted it on Dime.  If your a Dime member, you'll know what to do.  If not, sign up for a free account and READ THE RULES.  Go to http://www.dimeadozen.org for their home page.  And remember to keep your sharing ratio at 0.025% or higher so as to not get banned.  It's a much faster download almost always!  Now, back to the original blog post.

The seating my friend and I had for this show was astonishing.  I know we were dead center on one of the first few rows.  However, looking at my ticket it looks confusing.  I'm not sure what "Section M" refers to (maybe "Middle"), but I know where we were :-)

It was a miracle that we found our vehicle after the show.  We never paid any attention when parking and there was a ton of people, all parked around the venue.  I think this was a sold out show too.  But by some stroke of luck, we walked out and just happened to walk upon our vehicle (one in a multi-thousand shot).  Sitting in traffic, and even afterwards getting on Loop 610, was a nightmare.  It was hard enough walking to your car and getting out of the parking lot was next to impossible.

I crack up looking at the $20 price tag on the ticket :-)  And those were the days of rising ticket prices too.

A special THANK YOU goes to "led boots" for getting me this 2 CD copy of the show.  Every site I looked at that had this show had either dead torrents or no listing at all for the show.

I'm not sure why the last track, "Run Like Hell", has a scratchy sound in it.  But there is a skipping type of sound.  The song doesn't skip.  I'm not really sure what's up with that, but it is the last song too.

Finally getting this show, just short of 25 years later, goes to show that you should never give up on searching for those concerts you attended but didn't record.  I knew that one day it would be found out there.  And thanks to fellow traders who helped me out, I finally found it!

What a night to remember, and for those who grab this show, I hope you can get close to the enjoyment I had being there.

Enjoy the show...

Bootradr


No comments:

Post a Comment