Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Journey: 1979-06-01 Buffalo, NY (FLAC_AUD_2 CD)

This is a first time upload here of an incredible Journey show from Buffalo, New York in 1979.  This is one of the best performances by the band that I have heard in a long time too.  They were really on fire this night and Steve Perry was doing some vocal renditions I've never heard before.  He was not holding back on this night and neither was the rest of the band.

LINEAGE:
Unknown > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Journey
Date: June 1st, 1979
Location: Buffalo, New York
Venue: Shea's Theater
Title: None

Label: None
Source: AUD
Format: FLAC
CD's: 2
Artwork: No
Size: 440 MB
Length: 82:36:55


SETLIST:

CD 1:
101. Majestic (intro music)
102. La Do Da

103. Next
104. Feeling That Way

105.
Anytime
106. Lights

107. Too late

108. Kohoutek

109.
Winds Of March
110. On A Saturday Night
111. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
112. Do You Recall


CD 2:

201. Just The Same Way
202.
Lovin' You Is Easy
203. Moon Theme
204. Wheel In The Sky
205. She Makes Me (Feel Alright)
206. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
207. Patiently
208. Opened The Door


LINK:
(1) 1979-06-01 New York, NY (AUD)

MIRROR:
(1) 1979-06-01 New York, NY (AUD) (Mirror)

The sound in this show I rate as good-to-great but be sure you've read how I rate shows (under the "0-Sticky Notes..." or first label on the right side of the screen) before getting too excited.  You may love it as much as I do or hate it maybe?

I have been listening to it tonight with headphones on as I prepare this post.  I have EQ'ed it and used some effects via my Realtek HD Audio Manager program to make it sound better to me.  I am thoroughly enjoying the show myself.

The waveform look great and audio clipping and other related audio issues are not a problem at all.  I do believe the audio has possibly been processed slightly (EQ'ed) at some point but I'm not sure.  This is not going to be a Hi-Fi, knock your socks off sounding recording like some other audience recordings have been.  But I can hear everything from the drums, guitar, and bass, to Perry's vocals just fine as I listen.

I don't know much about this show or recording at all.  In fact, until recently I never had a lossless copy of it at all.

One great thing about the recording is the audience noise is not bad at all.  The taper doesn't sound like he was close to the stage but you do not have a lot of audience interference.  You can hear a very excited crowd in between songs as they cheer but the chatter between people and annoying kinds of interfering audience noises are not in this recording.  The taper is quiet throughout the show and really does a great job of recording the concert as well.  And that is a huge advantage in this recording.

The sound does change when the tape has a break in it (tape flip, recorder stopped, who knows) during "Do You Recall" a little after the middle.  The sound is more "tin can" (without the bass) sounding as it picks back up again and the song finishes.  With this being the last song on disc 1, I tend to think the taper had to change tapes or flip his tape.  And as "Just The Same Way" begins on CD 2 the sound is back to a more full range of frequencies sound with a few small issues as the taper presumably checked his gear and made sure things were set and taping right.

From the beginning, of the recording and as the show progresses, the sound does improve.  It becomes cleaner sounding I believe.  Whether this is in my head, I've gotten use to the sound, or whatever the reason is; I believe it gets better sounding.  And what really blows me away more than anything about this show is Perry's singing and the band's tight playing.    There is really something magical about the 1979 shows and this specific one especially.

Hopefully, and in the not too distant future, we'll have a remaster of this show which will only improve the sound more.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment