Saturday, April 2, 2016

Feist: 2011-09-09 Santa Monica, CA (FLAC_SB/FM_1 CD)

Today I am starting off the morning by uploading a superb sounding recording of Feist at KCRW's The Village Studio in Santa Monica, California from 2011.  She performed here a number of times through the years (at least since 2005) on a program called Morning Becomes Eclectic.  And this time, in 2011, she was promoting her new release of Metals, her fourth studio album according to the interview.

I really love this recording and a special thanks goes out to "Nibbler" for sharing the recording recently.  I have a lossy video of this session and a few others from Feist's KCRW sessions.  But to hear the audio in so much better fidelity really is great.  I may one day synchronize this audio with the video and make a new DVD of the performance?

LINEAGE:
FM BX > Onkyo HT-R520 > Analog Out (2 - RCA Mono Out) > 2 - 1/4 inch mono phone jacks In > Zoom H4n > r8Brain 96/24 - dithered to 44/16 > CD Wave Editor (for tracking) > TLH (for FLAC 8 encoding)  > me > TLH > WAV (to test for lossiness) > Audacity (to view waveform, embed metadata/track titles & info, and then to re-encode) > FLAC 8 > TLH (to check for SBE's and create and verify new ffp & md5 files) > you

DETAILS:
Artist: Feist
Date: September 9th, 2011
Location: Santa Monica, California
Venue: The Village Studio (KCRW Studio)
Title: Morning Becomes Eclectic

Label: None
Source: SB/FM BX (Master)
Format: FLAC
CD's: 1
Artwork: Yes
Size: 226 MB
Length: 41:38:41


SETLIST:

01. KCRW intro
02. A Commotion

03. Graveyard
04.
How Come You Never Go There
05. The Circle Married The Line
06. interview
07. The Bad In Each Other
08. Undiscovered First
09. Bittersweet Melodies
10. Comfort Me


LINK:
(1) 2011-09-09 Santa Monica, CA (SB/FM BX)

MIRROR:
(1) 2011-09-09 Santa Monica, CA (SB/FM BX) (Mirror)

NOTE:
I'm using a free Mega account as a mirror in this upload.  Those of you downloading please leave me a message here or on the Facebook (Community Group or Secret Group) letting me know what works best as far as the links go.  I eventually plan on adding a secondary mirror site to my posts as I've always had until the last year or so.  Your opinion will help me help you.


The waveform looks excellent and there is no clipping or any work at all done on the audio from the way it sounds (and looks).  The mix is perfect too since it was recorded in the studio on 2011-09-09.  The broadcast over the air on FM radio was not until 2011-10-26.  I guess they didn't want to play the session before the official release of Metals which was on 2011-10-04.

There is no static or off frequency types of noises in this recording that we sometimes hear in FM broadcasted recordings.  Nearer to the end of the recording a little hum can be heard at real low volume from amp feedback or something like that.  But unless you're listening for it, you really don't or won't even notice it most likely.  This is a very clean recording and transfer.

Feist has such a spectacular voice and is such a talented musician I feel.  And she surrounds herself with artists that are cut from the same cloth.  She is my favorite female singer and has been for a number of years now.

I wish these sessions were as long as the concert was when I saw her in November of 2011.  She put on a 1 hour, 41 minute show and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.  The crowd loved her performance too it was obvious.  The show was inside of a very nice theater.  It was a lot different than most of the area outdoor concerts and it had the design and sound that was sharp and clean like you cannot get outdoors.  I believe with her attention to sound, detail, and fidelity, this was not by accident where the show was performed.

I cannot wait until Feist has another new recording and tour and comes through my town again.  I think she may be back in the studio now due to some recent Facebook clips she has posted.  At least I hope that is what she is indicating.  It has been four years almost since her last tour.

I hope you enjoy the show...

Bootradr


SPECIAL NOTICE TO ALL!!!

THESE DOWNLOADS ARE FOR FREE ONLY!  NEVER BUY OR SELL ANY LEGALLY RECORDED BUT ILLEGAL TO SELL SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE.  THIS IS FOR FANS AND FUTURE FANS WHO WANT TO HEAR THE ARTIST'S MUSIC RAW & LIVE BUT NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE OR RELEASED.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE ARTISTS BY BUYING THEIR OFFICIALLY RELEASED MATERIAL TOO.

KEEP IT FREE, KEEP IT AVAILABLE, AND MOST OF ALL; KEEP IT LEGAL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment